Blood Drive January 15
January 15, 2021 at the Georgetown Recreation Center, 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Please enter through the main entrance; the Teen/Senior Center entry is currently closed.
Be Someone’s Hero: Save A Life, Give Blood!
The Georgetown Recreation Center is proud to invite We Are Blood (formerly the Blood and Tissue Center of Central Texas) to come in every few months. We offer free snacks and the chance to earn points to score cool prizes! We encourage everyone who is eligible to come and donate – it is so important.
Please preregister online at wrbdonor.org.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- You must be at least 17 years old and in good health.
- Eat a good meal 2-3 hours prior to donation.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Weight: 115+ lbs
- Blood Pressure: below 180/100 (checked free of charge)
- Temperature: within normal limits (checked free of charge)
- Hematocrit: at least 38% (checked free of charge)
- Pulse: 50-100 bpm (checked free of charge)
- Please visit weareblood.org/donate-blood/eligibility for more information!
Procedures have been modified to follow CDC COVID-19 protocols. Before you come in, please read carefully:
- NO WALK-INS. Appointments are mandatory in order to limit the number of donors on site at a given time. Registration is easy; make an appointment online or call 512-206-1242.
- Masks are required at all times inside City of Georgetown facilities.
- Please do not enter the building until your appointment time. Due to distancing requirements, there is no waiting area.
- Every donor will be directed to clean their hands at entry; We Are Blood will provide hand sanitizer.
- If you have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19; cared for, lived with, or otherwise had close contact with individuals diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19 symptoms; or experienced a fever, cough or shortness of breath, please wait at least 28 days after resolution of symptoms before attempting to donate blood.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged. Please maintain 6 feet of space between yourself and other donors.
- Once the donation process has begun, the staff will step away to maintain at least a 6-foot distance, only approaching the donor as needed.
- Every donation bed, interview booth, questionnaire computer, and squeeze ball at all donor centers and mobile blood drives are thoroughly cleaned after each donor’s use. Canteen recovery areas are thoroughly cleaned every hour.
- If you have other eligibility questions, check out We Are Blood’s website. For more specific questions or for assistance signing up, please call We Are Blood at 512-206-1242.
Beginning October 28, 2020 We Are Blood will conduct COVID-19 antibody testing on all donations. Please visit We Are Blood for more information.
Upcoming Blood Drives
March 19, 2021
May 21, 2021
September 17, 2021
November 19, 2021