Camp Goodwater COVID-19 Modifications
UPDATED June 4, 2020
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve, establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy camp experience remains our top priority. With that in mind, Camp Goodwater will look different this summer.
I know you are wondering exactly what we are doing to keep everyone safe. Below is a list of the modifications we are putting in place to ensure the safety of our campers and staff:
- Until further notice the Teen/Senior side of the Recreation Center will be closed to the public.
- Tables will be placed 6 ft apart.
- Masks are recommended for campers.
- Staff are required to wear masks when physical distancing is not possible.
- Max of 50 campers each week:
- 20 campers in Teen 1 (teen side lobby)
- 20 campers in Teen 2 (normal lower camp room)
- 10 campers in the Game Lounge
- Ratio: 10 to 1; Some activities may require an extra staff member to be present.
- Campers and staff will stay in their cohort or group throughout the weeklong camp session.
- Individually packaged snacks will be provided.
- City staff will wipe down all frequently touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- Staff will be required to test temperature before and upon arrival to work.
- Outdoor activities will be prioritized. Masks are optional during outdoor activities.
- Swimming will be at the Recreation Center Outdoor Splash Pool, prior to the pool opening to the public.
- All field trips are canceled.
- All add-on activities are canceled. You will receive a refund by June 15.
- Activities will be 45 minutes and conclude with a 15-minute disinfecting period.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing will be done before and after activities.
Drop off/Pick up
- To limit the number of people entering the facility, we will utilize a curbside drop off and pick up system at the Teen/Senior side of the Recreation Center (across from the Creative Playscape). We ask parents to remain in their vehicles and our staff will assist your child with entering/exiting the vehicle. Please make sure you are prepared to show your ID at pick up. Your child may only be picked up by persons listed as a contact on the authorized pick up list.
- Staff will conduct a temperature screening on the child at drop off. Any child with a fever at or above 100.0 will not be accepted.
- Drop off hours: 7-8:15 a.m.
- Pick up hours: 4:45-6 p.m.
What to Bring Daily
- All children must bring a water bottle with them daily. All water bottles must be labeled. We will not provide individual drinking cups. Children will have access to the water bottle filling stations.
- Campers must bring a lunch daily. All food must be able to be stored in the child’s lunch box/cooler bag and should not require reheating. Refrigerators and microwaves will not be available.
- Please ensure everything you send with your child is labeled, cleaned, washed and sanitized.
- Each day, your child should also bring sunscreen and closed-toe athletic shoes. Flip-flops or sandals can be packed for swimming. Your child should also bring a swimsuit, towel, and a change of clothes. Although we may not swim every day at Camp Goodwater, many of our outdoor activities incorporate water into them in some way during the summer months. Other suggested items include hat and swim shirt.
If you would like to withdraw your child from camp, please fill out the camp withdraw request form at least 7 days prior to the start of camp. This allows for a full refund. Refunds will not be given if requested with less than 7 days’ notice.
- Here are links to the Governor’s office check lists to help you decide on sending your child to camp and another link to find the checklists for camps to operate.