COVID-19 update regarding program and event cancellations
UPDATE March 16, 2020:
Modifications to City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation operations due to COVID-19:
The City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department will modify some operations beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, in order to promote the health and safety of community members and staff.
- The Georgetown Recreation Center and Georgetown Tennis Center will be closed effective Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6 p.m. These closures will assist with social distancing and allows staff to focus on operations. At this time, these facilities will be closed until May 11, 2020.
- We are evaluating our protocol for current memberships, and will reach out to members shortly with more information.
- All recreation program and event cancellations will be extended until May 11, 2020. We will reach out to registered participants to extend refunds/account credits.
- All activities on our athletic fields will continue to be suspended until May 11, 2020.
- City splash pads will not open on April 1 as previously scheduled.
- Garey Park will remain open with regular hours at this time.
If you have immediate questions while the facilities are closed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Both facilities will be staffed for answering phones from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Private reservations and events taking place March 16-May 11, 2020 and expecting 50 or more guests will be cancelled. This includes events scheduled at the Georgetown Recreation Center, Parks and Recreation Administration Office, Georgetown Community Center, Garey House and park pavilions. Events may be cancelled for a full refund, or rescheduled at the request of the renter. We are not accepting any new reservations for private events taking place during this time period.
Events with less than 50 guests will only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to the guidelines for protecting vulnerable populations, hand hygiene, and social distancing.
To learn more about the City of Georgetown’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://georgetown.org/coronavirus-information/.
PUBLISHED March 13, 2020:
The City of Georgetown is in daily communication with public health, city, and county officials across the region about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Based on guidance from the Williamson County and Cities Health District, as of Friday, March 13, the Parks and Recreation Department will be operating under the following modifications until Tuesday, March 31:
Recreation Facilities and Programs
- The Georgetown Recreation Center and Georgetown Tennis Center will remain open. All programs, camps, classes and private instruction are suspended.
- Garey Park will remain open. The splash pad will not open on March 14 as previously scheduled. All programs and classes are suspended.
- All programs at the Challenge Course are suspended.
- We will reach out to registered participants to extend refunds/account credits. Please be patient as we work through this process.
- All activities on our athletic fields are suspended. This includes third party rentals at McMaster Athletic Complex, VFW Park and San Gabriel Park. – This decision was made due to GISD suspending all athletic competitions from March 16 – March 29.
- Private reservations at the Georgetown Recreation Center, Parks and Recreation Administration Office, Georgetown Community Center, Garey House and park pavilions will be allowed to proceed as scheduled at this time. Should that change, renters will be notified as soon as possible.
- Events taking place through Tuesday, March 31 may be cancelled for a full refund, or rescheduled at the request of the renter.
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation is not accepting new facility or pavilion reservations for events taking place through Tuesday, March 31.
For the most current updates from the City of Georgetown, please visit: https://georgetown.org/coronavirus-information/.