Garey Park gatehouse opening Monday, May 18; New entry fees in effect
The Garey Park gatehouse will open starting at 8 a.m. on Monday, May 18. Entry fees will be charged, but the gatehouse will remain closed to the public. Park hours remain 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until further notice. The Play Ranch (playground and splash pad) remain closed.
Annual passes sold prior to May 18 will continue to be extended for the duration of the Play Ranch closure. Equine passes will no longer be extended once the gatehouse opens.
New entry fees
The following park fees will go into effect May 18:
Daily entrance fees:
- Per person: $2/resident & $4/nonresident
- Equestrian rider: $6/resident & $8/nonresident
- Children 3 years and younger: Free
Annual park pass (no change):
- $100 resident individual/ $150 nonresident individual
Annual equestrian pass:
- $125 resident rider/$200 nonresident rider
Staff will continue to monitor orders from the governor’s office and work to open additional facilities and services, including pools and summer programs, as soon as is feasible. The City hasn’t yet made a determination on all summer camps, but so far has cancelled the Junior Fire Academy and all Tennis and Adventure camps, as well as the Adaptive camps for June. Georgetown Police Department also cancelled its Junior Police Academy.
The City anticipates opening the Recreation Center as soon as June 1. Although the governor’s orders allow gyms to open at limited capacity on May 18, the Center will be used through May 28 to offer childcare to the City’s essential employees.
Open by May 18
- Garey Park, with new fees
- Garey House: Private tours and outdoor photoshoots
- Bark Park
- Pavilions with one table
- Drinking fountains
- Restrooms: Except at VFW Park and the McMaster Athletic Complex
- Skate Park
- Blue Hole Park
- Parks administrative offices: By appointment only
- Tennis courts and pickleball courts at McMaster Athletic Complex: Limit to four players per court
- Georgetown Tennis Center: Reservation only
- Playgrounds and splash pads
- Pavilions with more than one table
- Exercise equipment
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- VFW Park
- McMaster Athletic Complex
- San Gabriel Park baseball fields
- Recreation Center
- Community Center
- Parks Administrative Offices, by appointment only
For additional information about Georgetown Parks and Recreation facilities, visit parks.georgetown.org.
For additional details about City services and COVID-19-related information, visit bit.ly/COVID19GTX.