Garey Park Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of all, the City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department manages Garey Park activity very carefully. Our goal is to maintain a clean and safe environment for all visitors to the park. See below the general rules of the park.
Garey Park is open daily, including most holidays. Garey Park is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Spring/Summer (April 1-Sept. 30) – open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fall/Winter (Oct. 1-March 31) – open 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Vehicles must exit park prior to the posted closing time.
No admittance within 30 minutes of posted closing time.
Hours may vary for special events.
No overnight camping allowed.
- Use or possess any glass beverage bottle in City parks.
- Parking in undesignated areas.
- Operating a motor vehicle within a park, except on roads and parking lots.
- No outside grills.
- Fires in undesignated grills or fire pits.
- Overnight sleeping.
- Conducting any commercial or business activities.
- Model or remote control drones, boats, planes, gliders, rockets, vehicles, etc.
- Canoes, kayaks and other watercraft are not allowed in the ponds.
- Hunting, bow fishing, releasing any animal.
- Disturbing legitimate or permitted facility use, activities, events, leagues, tournaments, etc.
- Indecent or abusive language, or any activity, which creates a public nuisance.
- Use of metal detectors.
- Parks and trails are regulated by the Antiquities Code of Texas. As such, any unauthorized digging is prohibited by law.
- Disturbing historic sites.
- Removing or damaging plants, grass, or otherwise disturbing any part of the environment.
- Vandalizing or defacing any structures, facilities, or natural features.
- Firing or discharging any air powered weapon, archery device, firearm or other weapon.
- Dive or jump from any cliff or rock face on City parkland.
- Unleashed pets, except in designated areas. Removal of animal waste is required.
- Use of water slides, water riders, or dunking booths.
- Animal exhibition, Permit only.
- Confetti items, silly string, water balloons, piñatas.
- Signs, decorations, and tape on pavilions.
- No swimming or wading in ponds or springs.
- Failure to observe posted signs in parks and along trails.
- Bounce Houses, Permit Only.
- Live or Amplified music, Permit only.
Special Use Permits are required for:
- Park Events (PARD)
- Special Event (Events)
- Extended Hours (PARD)
- Itinerant Merchant (Events)
- Animal Exhibition (Events)
- Discharge of weapons (PD)
- Noise Waiver (Events)
Dog Ranch Rules
The following rules will apply to any off-leash dog recreation area and will be posted:
USE OF THE DOG PARK IS AT YOUR OWN RISK! DOG OWNERS/HANDLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS AND BEHAVIOR OF THEIR DOGS AT ALL TIMES!
- No dangerous dogs or dogs classified as aggressive, pursuant to the City of Georgetown Animal Ordinance Chapter 7.05 are allowed.
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
- Dogs with two documented incidents of aggression are banned from the park.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- All dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations as required by the City of Georgetown and should be healthy and free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Dogs must wear current license tags in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must ensure that their dog’s rabies vaccination tag is attached to their dog’s collar while in the Dog Park.
- Spiked collars are not permitted.
- The small dog enclosure is for dogs under 30 pounds.
- Dog owners/handlers must never leave dogs unattended.
- Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owner/handler at all times.
- Dog owners/handlers must carry a leash with them at all times while in the Dog Park.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all their dogs waste.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are prohibited.
- All dogs must be under the control of an adult and there is a limit of 2 dogs per adult in the dog park at any time.
- With the exception of water, no food or drink (dog or person) is allowed in the park.
- No glass containers allowed in the dog park.
- Children under 12 years of age must be under strict adult supervision. Running and chasing dogs is prohibited.
- Dog owners/handlers waive any and all liability to the City for any injury or damage caused (by dogs or persons) while accessing or using the city parks.
- A Dog Ranch Rule Violation Incident Form for rule violations should be completed within 48 hours and submitted to the Garey Park Gate House at 6450 RM 2243 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Park is subject to closure upon determination by the City that there is a reason deemed to be in the public’s interest or safety.
- Dog owners/handlers may not chain or tether a dog with any restraint unless said person is holding the restraint.
- Any and all equipment, waste, or any other item brought into the park by an individual must be removed at the time of departure by said individual.
Immediately report all animal bites to the Georgetown Parks Department at (512) 930-6800.
To report maintenance issues or rule violations, please contact the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department at (512) 930-6800.
Equestrian Arena and Trails
Equestrian Facility Rules
- All horses must be under physical control at all times. Physical control may include tether, ties, leaders, or appropriate enclosures.
- Please do not leave your horse unattended in any area including riding arena.
- Horses will be ridden at a safe walk speed around pedestrians and in shared spaces.
- Please be courteous of other riders, guests, and their animals.
- Keep horses in open enclosures or on marked trails.
- Children age 15 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- For safety of horses and riders, no running or yelling in equestrian area.
- Horse owners are responsible for properly disposing of manure in the parking area.
- Restore all areas where horses are tied to as natural appearance as possible.
- Horses are not to consume any natural vegetation within the park.
- In cases of an emergency, call 911 immediately and notify park staff at (512) 931-6800.
- Respect other users, expect other users.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- No bicycles on trails.
- No carriages on trails.
- On shared equestrian/hiking trails, ride, walk, or run on the right, pass on the left.
- Stay on the trail. Creating your own trail or cutting switchbacks creates erosion, damages habitat and causes new trails which cannot be maintained.
- Downhill traffic should yield to uphill traffic. When in doubt, give the other user the right of way.
- Warn people when you are planning to pass.
- Anticipate other trail users around corners and blind spots.
- Ride within your ability at all times.
- Respect wildlife.
- Use caution when using headphones. You may not be able to hear people trying to warn you.
- Leave no trace. Pack out your litter.
Play Ranch Rules
Play Area Rules
- Adult supervision required.
- Use or possession of any glass beverage bottle in City parks is prohibited.
- Exhibit appropriate language and behavior. Indecent or abusive language, or any offensive activity, will be considered a public nuisance.
- Maintain the natural state of the facility. Please do not remove or damage Play Ranch features or vegetation.
- Be aware of your surroundings and respectful of other park guests.
- The pavilion and picnic tables within it are available for general use unless reserved.
- Pets must remain on leash and under the control of owner.
- Place litter in receptacles.
Splash Pad Rules
- Adult supervision required.
- Dogs are not permitted on the splash pad.
- No lifeguard on duty.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers (regular diaper changing should occur).
- The splash pad may be closed down at any time for maintenance or weather concerns.