Photography session reservations now available
Garey Park offers a stunning backdrop to document life’s special moments. A photography session reservation is required for all professional photography, including wedding and engagement photos, family portraits and other individual or group photography sessions.
How do I know if I need to reserve a photography session?
If you are a hired photographer or are planning to hire a photographer, or plan to use the photos for commercial purposes, such as brochures, magazines, newspapers, websites, social media business pages, etc. you will need to reserve a photography session.
What are the fees?
There are three options that utilize Garey Park and/or Garey House. All photography session requests are subject to availability. Access to the Garey House grounds is not allowed during private events.
Along with the fees listed below, all participants must also pay the applicable Garey Park entry fees upon arrival to the park.
- A session on the grounds of Garey House, along with utilizing the indoor space is $75/hour. This includes exclusive access to Garey House and the grounds, along with an onsite supervisor to allow access to the venue. These sessions are only offered Monday-Thursday. Any part of an hour will also be charged at the hourly rate.
- A session on the Garey House grounds (outdoors only) is $50/hour. This allows access to the exterior of the house, the lawn, and the upper pond. No access to the inside of the venue. Any part of an hour will also be charged at the hourly rate.
- A session within any other area of Garey Park is free, but the session must be reserved to take photos within the park.
How far in advance do I need to request my photo session?
We ask that sessions be reserved and paid a minimum of 14 days in advance.
Can I walk in and pay on the day of my photo shoot?
We highly recommend booking your session in advance to guarantee that you get the date and time you want, and that your session does not conflict with other events. We cannot guarantee access to Garey House on a walk-in basis, due to other scheduled events.
What if it rains, or I need to reschedule?
If you need to reschedule a photo session for any reason due, we will help you move your session to a different date. If you need to cancel, we ask that you do so two days prior to your session date. Rentals cancelled within two days of the session date will not receive a refund.
In case of a department cancellation, a full refund will be given.
Can I bring props?
You are welcome to bring hand-held props. Any free-standing materials, such as tables, chairs, clothing racks must receive prior approval. Photographers and guests must not disturb any park features and must stay out of the landscaping. Dogs must remain on leash at all times in Garey Park.
How do I secure a photo session?
Submit the online Photography Session Request form. Requests are approved based on availability and are processed in the order they are received. Applicants will be contacted within 2 business days of submitting the request form to confirm details and submit payment.
- Photographers and guests must adhere to all Garey Park rules.
- All activities must be coordinated during Garey Park’s regular hours of operation. Guests must exit the park prior to the posted closing time.
- Photographers and guests may not interfere with other park guests.
- Park features must not be modified in any way. Everything is to be enjoyed and used as a background.
- Park only in designated parking lots.
- Stay out of the flowerbeds. This includes equipment.
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times.
- The land across the San Gabriel River is private property. No trespassing is allowed.
Publishing online/in print
- For photos published online or in print, the location(s) should be listed as follows: “Garey Park, Georgetown, Texas” or “Garey House, Georgetown, Texas”
- If tagging or linking to our website, our official handles on all social media platforms are @GareyParkGTX and @GareyHouseGTX, and our websites are parks.georgetown.org/gareypark and gareyhouse.georgetown.org.
Personal Photography Guidelines
Photography at the park for personal use is welcome, provided the activity does not restrict public use of the park and all Garey Park rules are followed. Access to the Garey House grounds is not allowed during private events.