Photography at Garey Park for personal use is welcome, provided the activity does not restrict public use of the park and all Garey Park rules are followed. Photography at Garey House may not occur during confirmed rental events (weddings, social functions, meetings, etc.). This includes the exterior of Garey House, the grounds, along with the adjacent upper pond.
Use of Garey House and its grounds for photography purposes (both professional and amateur) require the booking of a photography session.
Garey House Photo Session – Reservation required
- Use of Garey House and its grounds for photography purposes (both professional and amateur) requires the booking of a photography session.
- Garey House pricing & availability.
Garey Park Photo Session – No reservation required
- A photography session is not required to take photos within the following park spaces: Play Ranch, trails, San Gabriel River, equestrian arena, and other parkland
- This does not include access to the Garey House grounds or adjacent upper pond
- Garey Park entry fees apply for all participants
- Photographers and guests must adhere to all Garey Park rules.
- All activities must be coordinated during Garey Park’s regular hours of operation. Photo sessions must end 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time and all guests must exit the park prior to closing.
- Entry to Garey Park is not permitted within 30 minutes of the posted park closing time. Please ensure all participants arrive in time to enter the park.
- Photographers and guests may not interfere with other park guests.
- Due to ADA compliance, there is no access to the second floor of Garey House.
- Park features must not be modified in any way. Everything is to be enjoyed and used as a background.
- Park only in designated parking lots. Parking in grass and along roadways is prohibited.
- Stay out of the flowerbeds. This includes equipment.
- Dogs must remain on a leash at all times.
- The land across the San Gabriel River is private property. No trespassing is allowed.
- For photos published online or in print, the location(s) should be listed as follows: “Garey Park, Georgetown, Texas” or “Garey House, Georgetown, Texas”
Members of the news media are welcome to photograph or take videos for news coverage. If you are working on a news story, please contact us at 512-930-6800 to arrange a visit to Garey Park.