Georgetown Recreation Center & Indoor Pool Temporary Closures UPDATED
The Georgetown Recreation Center will be closing temporarily to allow for proactive facility maintenance, upgrades, staff training and deep cleaning. The closure will allow us to address facility needs safely and efficiently to minimize impacts during the rest of the year. Some examples include fumes from paint and cleaning materials, construction dust, and movement of large equipment.
Gym #2 only – August 27-finish date TBD, check back for updates
Recreation Center – September 1-8
Recreation Center Indoor Pool – September 1-15
- Why were these dates chosen for the closure? We chose these dates based on a review of historical attendance numbers and program activity. This date range proved to have the least impact on our members and guest.
- What projects are scheduled to take place during this closure? There will be numerous large scale projects scheduled to include: indoor pool plaster replacement, indoor pool deck improvement, gym #2 floor replacement, sanding and refinishing of racquetball courts, and scheduled maintenance to the fire extinguisher equipment. In addition to these projects, we will be completing a thorough cleaning of the facility, reorganization of fitness room equipment, miscellaneous small repairs/upgrades and staff training during the closure.
- What if I want to register for a program or a class? Phone lines will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept.3-Friday, Sept. 6 and we will have customer service representatives available to answer any questions and process registrations. Request for facility rentals and program/membership registration can also be processed online.
- Will the Williams Drive Pool be available for lap swim during the closure? Williams Drive pool will be open to current members for the duration of the indoor pool closure based on the following schedule:
Labor Day Weekend, Saturday, Aug. 31 – Monday, Sept. 2: 1-7 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 3-Friday, Sept. 6: 5:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7: 9:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8: CLOSED
Monday, Sept. 9-Friday, Sept. 13: 5:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 14: 9:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 15: CLOSED
- Will you have a closure like this every year? Yes, we plan to close during the same time each year to limit unexpected closures and to refresh and enhance the facility for our members and guests. The duration of the closure may adjust slightly based on the planned workload.
- What about my membership? We do not plan to adjust memberships. The work completed during the closure is intended to enhance your membership experience. While we realize this closure may seem to be an inconvenience, it allows us to address facility needs safely and efficiently to minimize impacts during the rest of the year.
- If I have questions, comments, or concerns about the closure who should I contact?