Junior Counselor Program
If you would like to set up a payment plan, please register in person at the Georgetown Recreation Center, Georgetown Tennis Center or Parks and Recreation Administration Office.
June 3-August 9
Each week is a new session and Junior Counselors must be able to make a commitment to at least two sessions.
$75 Resident/$95 Nonresident
The Junior Counselor Program has been developed to allow youth to gain valuable leadership skills necessary to be future camp counselors for Georgetown Parks and Recreation. Junior counselors will assist Camp Goodwater or Tennis Camp staff with daily camp activities and serve as role models for campers.
In order to ensure the best possible experience for junior counselors, this is an application and selection process. A limited number of junior counselors will be accepted each summer.
Program Eligibility / Program Age Requirements
- All eligible participants will be at least 14 years of age on the first day of camp, and not older than 16 years of age
- Candidates must be past Georgetown Parks & Rec camp program participants, or have past experiences in a day camp program
- Candidates must submit an application, one non-family reference, and be willing to undergo an interview process
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of responsibility, maturity, enthusiasm, and reliability
- Candidates must be able to make a two-session commitment to the Junior Counselor Program
There is an application process to ensure the Junior Counselors have the desire to participate fully and be a positive role model for the campers during the program. In addition to the application, a brief interview will be scheduled for each applicant.
- Interested participants must submit an application form and two non-family references to the Georgetown Rec Center by March 23, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.
- Application materials for Tennis Camp can be emailed to Pete Polkinghorn at email@example.com. Applications for Goodwater Camp can be emailed to Arica Kolb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview beginning March 30.
- The Georgetown Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to reject an applicant or limit the number of applicants based on the camp program needs.
Financial Obligations and Requirements
Once selected for the Junior Counselor program you will be able to register for the sessions determined by the camp program coordinator. The cost of the Junior Counselor program is $75/ session for residents and $95/ session for nonresidents.
Registration and Withdrawal Policy
A 20% nonrefundable deposit is due at time of registration. The remaining balance for camp must be paid in full by the Monday one week prior to the start of camp (7 days in advance of attendance). If the balance is not paid in full by the Monday one week prior to camp, your child’s spot will be forfeited to the next child on the waitlist. You will lose your reservation and your 20% deposit.
Refunds, minus the 20% nonrefundable deposit, will only be given if notice is received 7 or more days prior to the start of camp. No refund will be given with less than 7 days’ notice. Complete refunds (including deposits) will only be given for departmental cancellations. Because of staffing requirements, fees will not be prorated for partial attendance. Tuition is based on a full week.
Once Junior Counselors are selected, they must register for weeks of Junior Counselor/Goodwater or Junior Counselor/Tennis Camp.