May 15 Blood Drive relocated to Wolf Ranch
Friday, May 15 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
Wolf Ranch Town Center
The Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a blood drive! Come lend a helping arm to support your community and save local lives.
In order to comply with local, state and federal COVID-19 requirements and best practices, we have relocated this event! The May 15 Blood Drive will be held in an empty storefront at the Wolf Ranch Town Center, Suite 625 (formerly occupied by Yankee Candle Company, see map.)
Before you come in, please read carefully:
- NO WALK-INS. Appointments are mandatory in order to limit the number of donors on site at a given time. Please click here to make an appointment online.
- All donors are required to wear face coverings at any of our centers or mobile blood drives.
- Please do not enter the building until your appointment time.
- Every donor will be directed to clean their hands at entry; We Are Blood will provide hand sanitizer.
- Temperature, blood pressure, and iron level screenings are always conducted on each potential donor to be sure you are well enough to donate.
- If you have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19; cared for, lived with, or otherwise had close contact with individuals diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19 symptoms; or experienced a fever, cough or shortness of breath, please wait at least 28 days after resolution of symptoms before attempting to donate blood.
- If you have recently traveled from the states of California, Connecticut, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York or Washington, or the cities of Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit or Miami, please wait at least 14 before attempting to donate blood.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged. Please maintain 6 feet of space between yourself and other donors. Furniture will be arranged to make this possible.
- Once the donation process has begun, the staff will step away to maintain at least a 6-foot distance, only approaching the donor as needed.
The health and safety of our donors and staff is our priority! All staff will be wearing face masks at all times. Every donation bed, interview booth, questionnaire computer, and squeeze ball at all donor centers and mobile blood drives are thoroughly cleaned after each donor’s use. Waiting rooms and canteen recovery areas are thoroughly cleaned every hour.
If you have other eligibility questions, check out We Are Blood’s website. For more specific questions or for assistance signing up, please call We Are Blood at 512-206-1242.