NRPA Family Health & Fitness Weekend Challenge
June 13-14, 2020
Celebrated the second Saturday of June each year, NRPA’s Family Health & Fitness Day is an opportunity for local community members to get out and discover all of the health benefits provided by their local parks and recreation department.
This year’s theme is “Parks Build Healthy Communities.” We’re celebrating all weekend with a family-friendly workout challenge on the San Gabriel Park Loop trail.
Join us and win a prize!
- Download a scorecard to track your progress. (Keep it handy – you’ll turn this in to be entered into the prize giveaway!)
- While on your hike around the San Gabriel Park Loop Trail look for posted signs for various fitness activities. The goal is to find and participate in all eight!
- Photograph the family doing the fitness activities and share on Instagram or Facebook using the following hashtags:
- Snap a pic of your completed scorecard and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Monday, June 15. Two winners will be randomly selected from the scorecard submissions.
When participating in the Georgetown Parks and Recreation National Family Health & Fitness Weekend event please practice social distancing and follow the steps of washing hands often and covering coughs and sneezes.
Follow these actions when visiting a park or any other recreational facility within Georgetown:
- Maintain at least six feet from people outside of your household.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Bring hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to use if soap and water are not available.
- Please be respectful of all closed areas within the park.
Thank you for participating in National Recreation and Park Association’s National Family Health & Fitness Day. Enjoy the park and help each other to stay healthy, fit, and have family fun.