Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Members must present a Sitter Pass in order to use the service!
1 visit: $3
10-punch pass: $25
20-punch pass: $40
Sitter Service Policies
Sitter Service Policies will provide a safe place for children to spend their time, help the sitter know what course of action to take, and help parents know what to expect from our service.
- Sitter Service is provided only for the children of Recreation Center Members and participants in the Recreation Center’s instructional classes. With the exception of using the trail loop in San Gabriel Park, parents must be in the Recreation Center while child using Sitter Service.
- Parents must purchase a Sitter Pass in order to use the Sitter Service. A Sitter Pass is good for one visit, 10 visits or 20 visits. Single-use cards will be left in the Sitter Room to be reused. A punch will be taken from the other cards for each child on each visit, at the time of check-in.
- The actual punch card is the parent’s responsibility. Cards are non-refundable, and lost cards will not be replaced.
- The Sitter will make sure each family has a valid Information Form for each child. Forms are valid for one year. These forms will be kept in binders in the Sitter Room.
- Sitter Service is for children aged 12 months through 7 years old. Older children may use Sitter Service if there is space, and if they are not disruptive. Parents and younger siblings are not permitted to stay in the room during Sitter Service hours.
- The room ratio is 1 Sitter for every 12 children. When there are two sitters, we can supervise up to 24 children. When there is only one Sitter on duty, only 12 children will be allowed in the Sitter Service. The Sitter Service Supervisor will make every effort to find a substitute if one of the scheduled Sitters is absent.
- Sitters will not change diapers – the parent will be asked to do so if it becomes necessary. There is a child-sized bathroom inside the Sitter Service room for those that are potty-trained.
- Parents must check children in and out on the ‘Sign In / Out Sheet’ in the Sitter binder on each visit. Please fill out form completely.
- At peak hours, please limit your workout to 2 hours so others may also use the Sitter Service. If the Sitter Service is full, we will ask parents to pick up the children who have been here for longer than 2 hours.
- In case of an accident or injury, parents are to be notified immediately.
- Sick children are not permitted to be dropped off for Sitter Service. Specifically, children who have had a fever in the past 24 hours, children who have vomited in the last 24 hours, children who have had diarrhea in the last 24 hours and children who currently have green or yellow discharge from the nose are not to use the Sitter Service. Children who have lice or nits are not to use the Sitter Service. The staff reserves the right to remove sick children from the Sitter Room in order to prevent others from becoming ill.
- When a child’s behavior is disruptive or harmful to others, or the child will not respond to correction, s/he will be immediately removed from the sitter room and taken to his/her parent. Refunds will not be given if the child is removed from the Sitter Service due to such behavior.
- The Sitter will fill out a behavior report. Any child having recurring behavior problems will have their Sitter Service privilege revoked until the problems are corrected.
- For the safety of all the children, medications, food and beverages are not allowed in the Children’s Activity Room at any time. Many children have allergies; some are very severe. All our members and guests are welcome to enjoy their snacks in the lobby, and parents are asked to administer any needed medications prior to arrival.
- Members are welcome to use the Babysitting Room for no charge at times when the Recreation Center is open but there is not a Sitter on duty. For the safety of your children, they must be directly supervised by an adult at all times, and they are not permitted to use the play yard. Please clean up after your children.