Spring Break Teen Adventure Camp
Wild West Adventure
$300 Resident/$375 Nonresident
Join us as we head to the scenic Guadalupe Mountains National Park. We plan to summit Guadalupe Peak, the highest point in Texas. Other adventures include wild caving near Carlsbad Caverns, sand sledding at Monahans Sandhills State Park, and whitewater kayaking on the South Llano River. We will provide all of the camping and technical gear, along with meals when we are not traveling. You will need to bring personal gear and money for meals on the road (about $30).
Parents: Your child will have the opportunity to observe and practice good outdoor judgment and decision making skills. Please note the trip is physically and mentally demanding. Please assess your child’s ability and desire before signing them up.
There will be a mandatory pre-trip meeting on Wednesday, March 11.
A 2020 Spring Break Liability and Policy Agreement must be completed by a parent/legal guardian and is due at time of registration. Camps are not licensed childcare programs.
Camp Payment and Refund Policy
Total amount is due at the time of registration. Refunds, minus 20%, will only be given if notice is received 7 days’ or more days prior to the start of camp. No refund will be given with less than 7 days’ notice. Complete refunds (including deposits) will only be given for departmental cancellations.
Registration opens at 8:00 am on Friday, January 31 and is limited to 12 participants.
The adventure program will provide technical and camping equipment necessary for adventure activities. Personal clothing and items will be discussed at the pre-trip Orientation Meeting. Registration fees include meals prepared while camping.
• Departmental cancellations– 100% refund
• Client cancellation (7+ days in advance)– refund minus $30 deposit.
• Client cancellation (within 7 days)- no credit or refund
• Inclement weather- programming will be held indoors.
Some of our staff training and certifications include:
- American Red Cross (CPR, First Aid, and lifeguarding)
- Wilderness Medical Institute (Wilderness First Responder)
- Rope Works (Ropes Course)
- American Canoe Association (swiftwater rescue)
- Nantahala Outdoor Center (kayaking)
- Outpost Wilderness Adventure (rock climbing)
For additional information, please contact Joe Armstrong at (512) 763-8365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.