151 Holly St.
Georgetown, TX 78626
6 a.m.-9 p.m.
Drinking fountains for both dogs and people in both large and small area (dual fountain)
Mutt Mitt Stations – doggie poop bags
Agility course for dogs
Bark Park is the City of Georgetown’s first public off-leash dog park. Located adjacent to the McMaster Complex, and situated on approximately 6 acres, Bark Park features separate areas for small dogs (under 30 pounds) and large dogs.
Bark Park is located in a beautiful pecan grove providing significant shade for dogs and their owners alike. There is parking available as well as water fountains, trash containers and agility equipment for owners and their dogs. Be sure to locate, read, and understand the Rules for Use posted at the park for an enjoyable visit to Bark Park for yourself, your dog, and your neighbors.
Dog Park Rules
The following rules will apply to any off-leash dog recreation area and will be posted:
USE OF THE DOG PARK IS AT YOUR OWN RISK! DOG OWNERS/HANDLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS AND BEHAVIOR OF THEIR DOGS AT ALL TIMES!
HOURS: DAWN TO DUSK DAILY, WEATHER AND CONDITIONS PERMITTING
- No dangerous dogs or dogs classified as aggressive, pursuant to the City of Georgetown Animal Ordinance Chapter 7.05, are allowed.
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
- Dogs with two documented incidents of aggression are banned from the park.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- All dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations as required by the City of Georgetown and should be healthy and free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Dogs must wear current license tags in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must ensure that their dog’s rabies vaccination tag is attached to their dog’s collar while in the dog park.
- Spiked collars are not permitted.
- The small dog enclosure is for dogs under 30 pounds.
- Dog Owners/Handlers must never leave dogs unattended.
- Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owner/handler at all times.
- Dog owners/handlers must carry a leash with them at all times while in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all their dogs waste.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are prohibited.
- All dogs must be under the control of an adult and there is a limit of 2 dogs per adult in the dog park at any time.
- With the exception of water, no food or drink (dog or person) is allowed in the park.
- No glass containers allowed in the dog park.
- No bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, or any motorized vehicles.
- Children under 12 years of age must be under strict adult supervision. Running and chasing dogs is prohibited.
- No smoking in the dog park.
- Dog Owners/Handlers waive any and all liability to the City for any injury or damage caused (by dogs or persons) while accessing or using the city parks.
- A Bark Park Rule Violation Incident Form for rule violations should be completed within 48 hours and submitted to the City Parks and Recreation Department at 1101 N. College St. or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The incident form can be found on the Parks and Recreation website at parks.georgetown.org.
- Park is subject to closure upon determination by the City that there is a reason deemed to be in the public’s interest or safety.
- Dog Owners/Handlers may not chain or tether a dog with any restraint unless said person is holding the restraint.
- Any and all equipment, waste, or any other item brought into the park by an individual must be removed at the time of departure by said individual.
Immediately report all animal bites to the Georgetown Police Department at (512) 930-3510.
To report maintenance issues or rule violations, please contact the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department at (512) 930-3595.