Recreation is for everyone! The Recreation Scholarship Program provides access to the City’s recreation services to individuals and families who may need financial assistance.
- Applicants must be residents living within the city limits of the City of Georgetown.
- Individuals or families requesting financial assistance must provide documentation showing they qualify according to one of the following guidelines:
- Verification letter indicating the applicant qualifies for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program
- Documentation of Disability
- Documentation of Other Subsidized Income (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), rent subsidy)
- Recipients will receive a scholarship equal to 90% of the user fee. The recipient is responsible for paying the remaining 10%.
- The maximum amount given per fiscal year will be $200 per participant (pending funding availability). Scholarships will be granted only if funds are available and can be used Oct. 1, 2023 – Sept. 30, 2024. Scholarships MUST be used by Sept. 30 or funds will be returned back to the scholarship fund.
- Scholarship applications are accepted throughout the year. To expedite program registration, application submissions are preferred by May 15 – August 15 for the upcoming fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30).
- Scholarships are awarded on a first come first served basis. Application approval does not register the participant for a class and priority registration is not provided.
- Upon scholarship approval, funding is not guaranteed.
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the first day of a program they wish to register for.
- All recreation memberships, lessons, programs and activities provided by the City of Georgetown are eligible except the following:
- Drop in programs
- Pool admission
- Garey Park entry fees
How do you apply?
- Apply via the online form.
- In person applications will be accepted at the Parks and Recreation Administration Building located at 1101 N. College St., Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. OR the Georgetown Recreation Center located at 1003 N. Austin Avenue, Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Applicants will be notified either by email or phone as to the outcome of their scholarship request within 7 business days of application receipt.
- All application and financial information provided are considered private and will be kept confidential.
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation reserves the right to verify all information contained on the application form to grant, deny or revoke any scholarship funds.
The program is funded by the Friends of Georgetown Parks and Recreation, whose mission is to support the city Of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department in providing programs and facilities to promote the social, cultural and recreational well-being of all residents of the city of Georgetown.