Virtual Youth Fishing Derby
Blue Hole Park
100 Blue Hole Park
Georgetown, TX 78626
Our annual Youth Fishing Derby is going virtual this year! From January 16-31, try your luck fishing at Blue Hole Park, which will be stocked with 1,500 rainbow trout!
Participation in this program is free and open to all youth ages 12 and under. To officially enter this event to be eligible for prizes, you must register in advance and then submit a photo of any trout you catch at Blue Hole Park between January 16-31. We will randomly draw names and give away some fun prizes! Registration will remain open until January 29 at 5 p.m.
Virtual Youth Fishing Derby Rules
- The derby is open to ages 12 and under. All children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All participants must be registered and submit a photo to email@example.com to be eligible for a prize.
- Anglers ages 17 and older must have a State of Texas fishing license.
- Participants only need to submit one caught trout for the derby to be entered to win prizes. You will not be entered in the drawing multiple times for multiple fish. If you want to submit another fish because you’re proud of the catch, or you caught your limit and you want to share, we’d love to see all of your great catches!
- Trout must be caught in Blue Hole Park.
- You may keep trout caught. Daily bag limits are 5 trout.
- The derby will start on Saturday, Jan. 16 at 7 a.m. and will conclude on Sunday, Jan. 31 at 8 p.m. All photo submissions need to be received by email during this timeframe.
- The winners will be contacted by email during the first week of February. We will post some of the photos on our website and/or social media to share with our community. If you do not want your photo shared, please indicate that when you register. Not allowing your photo to be shared will not affect your ability to win a prize.
- Prizes will be picked up at the Georgetown Recreation Center. Winners will be contacted via email with pick up instructions.
- This event is open to all, regardless of residency.
Please remember to adhere to all state and local COVID-19 guidelines by distancing and wearing masks when unable to maintain physical distancing of 6 or more feet from others outside of your household. Happy fishing!
Contact Melissa Trahan-Pecorino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay connected with the Virtual Youth Fishing Derby on Facebook, where we’ll be posting fishing tips throughout the event.
Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
Contact email@example.com for sponsorship levels and benefits.
Thank you to our 2021 prize sponsors!