Outdoor Athletic Facilities
Georgetown Parks and Recreation offers a variety of outdoor athletic facilities, including softball fields, soccer fields, volleyball courts, and more. Athletic fields and facilities in the San Gabriel Park, at the McMaster Sports Complex and at the VFW Softball Complex are by reservation only.
Reservation Process (how to make a reservation):
Step 1: Read Outdoor Athletic Reservation Information and Guidelines (You will confirm that you have read these guidelines on your request form).
Step 2: After reviewing agreement rules and regulations, please fill out the rental request form.
Step 3: You will receive a response within two business days. For approved requests, you will receive a contract via email for you to review and sign digitally.
Step 4: To finalize the contract with payment, call the Recreation Center at 512-930-3596 and provide your facility contract number (FA-##### located on top left of contract). You will receive a copy of your receipt via email for you to have with you during your reservation(s).
- Outdoor Athletic Reservation Information and Guidelines
- Field Availability Calendar
- Rental Request Form
- Log in to your Account
If you do not know your login and have reserved a field before, please contact the recreation center before making another account.
- Rainout Text & Email Alert Sign-Up
- Rainout Updates (A banner at the top will be updated for rainout closures)
Rainout and Closure Information
When necessary, the Parks and Recreation Department may close certain facilities due to weather conditions, safety issues or field conditions. Below are the closure procedures for each instance:
- Fields may also be closed for repairs or to protect them from overuse; keeping athletic fields in optimum condition involves managing the amount of play a field receives and allowing time for proper maintenance to occur. Continued cooperation between the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department and athletic field users is a critical component of this management.
- During periods of inclement weather, the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department may close athletic fields to prevent hazardous conditions for the public. Bad weather also causes poor playing conditions, causing excessive repair work to bring the field back to playable condition. Because the weather can change at any time, an umpire, referee, or staff member may decide to close a field near or during a scheduled game/practice time. This information will be given to the Coach or Renter, who will then communicate with team participants or event attendees. All field closures will be updated online at teamsideline.com/georgetown as soon as a decision has been made regarding weather or planned closures
- Renters may also choose to cancel their field use at the last minute due to bad weather or poor field conditions; please email email@example.com immediately so the Georgetown Parks and Recreation staff are aware of the change. Refunds will only be considered with a notice of cancellation within 24 hours. Activated lights will not be refunded. To ensure lights are canceled, please call the Recreation Center at 512-930-3596.
If a facility has been CLOSED, no activities may be held on that field. Any Renter, team, or organization that plays on a field that has been officially closed may forfeit current reserved field time as well as future consideration for field use. It is the Renter’s responsibility to obtain field closure information. Announcements are typically made around 4 p.m. For current information, Renters can visit teamsideline.com/georgetown and complete the Athletics Text Message Sign Up for email and text alerts.
Outdoor Athletic Facilities
For more information
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-930-3594
Monday-Friday, 5-9 p.m. | Saturday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. | Sunday, noon-6 p.m.
Georgetown Recreation Center
After Hours Concerns Monday-Friday, 4-9 p.m. | Saturday and Sunday
For any issues at an athletic facility after hours, please contact the on-call Parks Attendant. The Parks Attendant will be able to assist with any onsite situations (locked gates, bathroom upkeep, equipment malfunction, trash pickup, etc.)
On-Call Parks Attendant