Outdoor Athletic Facilities
The City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department manages the scheduling and maintenance for all athletic facilities to ensure equitable distribution, achieve maximum sustainable use, and maintain a safe, high-quality environment.
Georgetown Parks and Recreation athletic facilities are intended to provide quality recreational experiences and activities and not to be utilized for commercial or private gain.
Management of any event or tournament is the responsibility of the Renter and may not be sanctioned by or affiliated with the City of Georgetown or the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department in any way. For any facility or field reservation, events and tournaments, Renters assume all responsibility for any attendees.
All fields are designated for sport-specific use only, except for the Multipurpose fields. Multipurpose fields can be used for Soccer, Football and Lacrosse. (i.e. No football on soccer fields, no baseball on softball fields)
All fields have a designated day for maintenance. On Maintenance Days, the designated field is closed to reservations. Requests for use on maintenance days is up to the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Maintenance Days and Fields:
McMaster Soccer A & B Fields-Mondays
McMaster Multipurpose Field-Mondays
McMaster Softball Fields-Fridays
VFW Softball Fields-Fridays
San Gabriel Baseball Field-Fridays
San Gabriel Multipurpose Field-Thursdays
McMaster and San Gabriel Soccer and Multipurpose/Football Fields:
- Fields summer closure dates: July 1- August 15
- Fields winter closure dates: November 1-December 31
Reservation Process (how to make a reservation):
Step 1: Visit our website.
Step 2: Read important reservation information, guidelines, rules, and regulations. (You will need to mark that you have read these on your request form).
Step 3: After reviewing agreement rules and regulations, please fill out the rental request form.
Step 4: You will receive a response within two business days. For approved requests, you will receive a contract via email for you to review and sign digitally.
Step 5: To finalize the contract with payment, call the Recreation Center at 512-930-3596 and provide your facility contract number (FA-#### located on top left of contract). You will receive a copy of your receipt via email for you to have with you during your reservation(s).
Scheduling and Reservation Process
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation programs have priority use over all facilities. Rentals to the public are available around program times.
- Check field availability using the Check Availability button above.
- Once dates and times have been identified, an Athletic Field Rental Request must be submitted to the Parks and Recreation Department.
- All requests/proposals are subject to Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department approval.
- Approval and completion of a prior reservation does not guarantee future approval of the same or additional requests.
- Request deadlines are firm and dependent upon the category of the Renter:
|Renter||Reservation Deadline||Contract Limits|
|Tournament Providers (one- or multiple-day events)||Tournaments reservations are accepted up to 12 months in advance of first booking.||Each tournament must have a separate contract.|
|Resident Schools (GISD, private or charter schools inside Georgetown City Limits)||Reservations are accepted up to eight months in advance of first booking.||A Rental Contract (one or more bookings) will be no longer than six months.|
|Nonresident Schools (outside Georgetown City Limits)||Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance of first booking.||A Rental Contract (one or more bookings) will be no longer than four months.|
|General (Individuals, families, for-profit organizations, select athletic teams/clubs, etc.)||Reservations are accepted up to three months in advance of first booking.||A Rental Contract (one or more bookings) will be no longer than three months.|
- Rules, Regulations and Information
- Field Availability Calendar
- Rental Request Form
- Log in to your Account
If you do not know your login and have reserved a field before, please contact the recreation center before making another account.
- Rainout Text & Email Alert Sign-Up
- Rainout Updates (A banner at the top will be updated for rainout closures)
Rainout and Closure Information
When necessary, the Parks and Recreation Department may close certain facilities due to weather conditions, safety issues or field conditions. Below are the closure procedures for each instance:
- Fields may also be closed for repairs or to protect them from overuse; keeping athletic fields in optimum condition involves managing the amount of play a field receives and allowing time for proper maintenance to occur. Continued cooperation between the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department and athletic field users is a critical component of this management.
- During periods of inclement weather, the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department may close athletic fields to prevent hazardous conditions for the public. Bad weather also causes poor playing conditions, causing excessive repair work to bring the field back to playable condition. Because the weather can change at any time, an umpire, referee, or staff member may decide to close a field near or during a scheduled game/practice time. This information will be given to the Coach or Renter, who will then communicate with team participants or event attendees. All field closures will be updated online at teamsideline.com/georgetown as soon as a decision has been made regarding weather or planned closures
- Renters may also choose to cancel their field use at the last minute due to bad weather or poor field conditions; please email Halle Hamilton, Recreation Specialist at email@example.com immediately so the Georgetown Parks and Recreation staff are aware of the change. Refunds will only be considered with a notice of cancellation within 24 hours.
If a facility has been CLOSED, no activities may be held on that field. Any Renter, team, or organization that plays on a field that has been officially closed may forfeit current reserved field time as well as future consideration for field use.
It is the Renter’s responsibility to obtain field closure information.. For current information, Renters can visit teamsideline.com/georgetown and complete the Athletics Text Message Sign Up for email and text alerts.
Outdoor Athletic Facilities
For more information
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m
Halle Hamilton, Recreation Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-930-3594
Monday-Friday, 4-9 p.m. | Saturday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Georgetown Recreation Center
After Hours Concerns Monday-Friday, 4-9 p.m. | Saturday and Sunday
For any issues at an athletic facility after hours, please contact the on-call Parks Attendant. The Parks Attendant will be able to assist with any onsite situations (locked gates, bathroom upkeep, equipment malfunction, trash pickup, etc.)
On-Call Parks Attendant