Standards of Care
The programs operated by the City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation are recreational in nature and are not state-licensed child care programs. Summer camp programs are governed by the City of Georgetown, as required by the Texas Human Resources Code, Section 42.041 (b) (14).
Camp Status (as of June 11, 2020):
- CANCELED: All Tennis, Adventure, Volleyball Skills, Challenger Sports Soccer, Sporties for Shorties, Art, Hoop Dance, LEGO, Comic Book Creation, U-Tubers Unite!, Junior Fire Academy, Kid City and Adaptive Camps are canceled for the summer.
- Camp Goodwater will begin June 15. Registration is open for any remaining available spaces June 15 – August 7.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete a Summer Camps Waiver and Payment Policy Form online for each child registered.
- Pay in Full: All enrollment within 7 days of the start date must pay in full at the time of registration. Registration and payment must be completed for each child separately.
- Payment Plan: You may set up a payment plan for camp fees. Auto draft is required; the balance for each week will be auto drafted according to the payment schedule below. Failure to meet the payment deadline will result in participant being withdrawn from summer camp.
|Camp Dates||Scheduled Payment Date|
|June 15-19||June 8|
|June 22-26||June 15|
|June 29-July 3||June 22|
|July 6-10||June 29|
|July 13-17||July 6|
|July 20-24||July 13|
|July 27-31||July 20|
|August 3-7||July 27|
|August 10-14||August 3|
Payment and Refund Policy
A 20% nonrefundable deposit is due at time of registration. The remaining balance for camp must be paid in full by the Monday one week prior to the start of camp (7 days in advance of attendance). If the balance is not paid in full by the Monday one week prior to camp, your child’s spot will be forfeited to the next child on the waitlist.
If you would like to withdraw your child from camp, please fill out the Request to Withdraw/Transfer form at least 7 days prior to the start of camp. This allows for a full refund. Refunds will not be given if requested with less than 7 days’ notice. This form must be completed by a parent/legal guardian.
Because of staffing requirements, fees will not be prorated for partial attendance. Tuition is based on a full week.
Ages: 5 (completed Kindergarten)-12
Lower Camp: Ages 5-8 / Upper Camp: Ages 9-12
Weekly Sessions: June 15-August 7
Hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Weekly Fee: $155 Resident / $190 Nonresident
Camp Goodwater offers a variety of traditional and non-traditional day camp activities, including swimming, playing in the park and special events.
Camp Goodwater is separated by grade into two large groups of up to 50 kids each, Lower Camp and Upper Camp. Each camp is then divided into 4 groups of about 13 campers based on ages, grades, maturity, gender and other factors. Each group is led by two counselors; we maintain a 15:1 or lower camper-to-staff ratio at all times.
|June 15-19||Adventures Ahead!|
|June 22-26||Wild West|
|June 29-July 3||Party in the USA|
|July 13-17||Animal Planet|
|July 20-24||Futuristic Fun / Space Jam!|
|July 27-31||Monster Mash|
|August 3-7||Big Top Circus|
|August 10-14||Creative Campers|
All field trips are canceled for summer 2020.
Camp Goodwater Add-On Programs
All add-on programs have been canceled for summer 2020. Refunds will be issued by June 15.
Brandy Perryman Shooting Camp
Dates: August 3-6
Hours: 8:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
Fee: $235 Resident/Nonresident (through May 31)
$260 Resident/Nonresident (starting June 1)
BPSC is a 4-day shooting intense basketball camp mirrored after all the camps Brandy Perryman attended and enjoyed the most as a kid. He has taken those camps with his combined playing experience at UT and created an upbeat, positive experience for Austin area youth. All camps include 32 hours of instruction, which is approximately the same amount of time as a month of practice in Middle School or a full season of a youth league. Daily team competitions are the highlight of the week, allowing kids to be a part of a team with no pressure and to have fun. To promote self-esteem and self-discipline, BPSC includes individualized drills and competitions throughout the camp that all campers have an opportunity to excel at and improve their shooting skills. An average camper shoots over 1,000 shots over 4 days at BPSC. The 10:1 camper to coach ratio allows campers to develop skills in a small group. These coaches include head coaches, assistant coaches, collegiate, and former players that all share the knowledge and enthusiasm required to be a BPSC camp instructor.
Please register at: bperrymanshootingcamp.com.
Ages: 5 (enrolled in Kindergarten)-12
Weekly Sessions: August 24-Sept. 9 (closed for Labor Day, Sept. 7)
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Weekly Fee: $125 Resident / $155 Nonresident
Location: Georgetown Recreation Center – Teen Center
With the start of the new school year ahead of us, Georgetown Parks and Recreation is pivoting with the pandemic to help serve our community. We’ve developed a school-age program to provide continued childcare during the first three weeks of school when all learning is virtual. Our staff will assist your child in completing daily assignments and provide fun camp activities during breaks and after schoolwork is complete! Please note that while we will help your child stay on task, our staff is not responsible for teaching school curriculum.
We look forward to providing a safe and structured environment for students, along with meeting childcare needs for working parents here in Georgetown.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete a Day Camp Liability Waiver online for each child registered.
Registration Fees and Agreement
Refunds will only be given if notice is received 7 or more days prior to the start of the program. No refund will be given with less than 7 days’ notice. Complete refunds will only be given for departmental cancellations. Fees will not be prorated for partial attendance. To withdraw participant from a program, please fill out the Request to Withdraw form.
If you would like to withdraw your child from camp, please fill out the Request to Withdraw form at least 7 days prior to the start of camp. This allows for a full refund. Refunds will not be given if requested with less than 7 days’ notice.
Goodwater Virtual Learning Camp COVID-19 Modifications
UPDATED August 5, 2020
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve, establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy camp experience remains our top priority.
I know you are wondering exactly what we are doing to keep everyone safe. Below is a list of the modifications we are putting in place to ensure the safety of our campers and staff:
- Until further notice, the Teen/Senior side of the Recreation Center will be closed to the public.
- Tables will be placed 6 ft. apart.
- Max of 20 campers each week.
- Ratio: 10 to 1; Some activities may require an extra staff member to be present.
- City staff will wipe down all frequently touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- Staff will be required to test temperature before and upon arrival to work.
- The program schedule will be emailed out the Friday before the start of the program. The schedule will be based off of GISD’s school schedule, but we will do our best to accommodate all districts.
- After each activity, the equipment will be disinfected.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing will be done before and after activities.
- Activities will include STEM, Arts and Crafts, Nature walks, Gaga Ball, free play and various other fun activities.
Drop off/Pick up
- To limit the number of people entering the facility, we will utilize a curbside drop off and pick up system at the Teen/Senior side of the Recreation Center (across from the Creative Playscape). We ask parents to remain in their vehicles and our staff will assist your child with entering/exiting the vehicle. Please make sure you are prepared to show your ID at pick up. Your child may only be picked up by persons listed as a contact on the authorized pick up list.
- Staff will conduct a temperature screening on the child at drop off. Any child with a fever at or above 100.0 will not be accepted.
- Drop off hours: 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Pick up hours: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
What to Bring Daily
- Student’s device for virtual learning, along with login information
- Student’s daily schedule
- All children must bring a water bottle with them daily. All water bottles must be labeled. We will not provide individual drinking cups. Children will have access to the water bottle filling stations.
- Participants must bring a lunch daily. All food must be able to be stored in the child’s lunch box/cooler bag and should not require reheating. Refrigerators and microwaves will not be available.
- Please ensure everything you send with your child is labeled, cleaned, washed and sanitized.
- Each day, your child should also bring sunscreen and closed-toe athletic shoes.
- Face coverings are required for those ages 10+ while participating in indoor programs where 6 ft. of distancing cannot be maintained.
- Participants will not be required to wear a face covering when engaging in physical activity outside.
- It is strongly recommended that campers under the age of 10 wear face covering over their nose and mouth, when 6 ft. distance cannot be maintained.
- Staff are required to wear masks when physical distancing is not possible.