Standards of Care
The programs operated by the City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation are recreational in nature and are not state-licensed child care programs. Summer camp programs are governed by the City of Georgetown, as required by the Texas Human Resources Code, Section 42.041 (b) (14).
Camp Status (as of May 26, 2020):
- All Tennis, Adventure, Volleyball Skills, Challenger Sports Soccer, and Sporties for Shorties Camps are canceled for the summer.
- All Enrichment Camps (Art, Hoop Dance, LEGO, Comic Book Creation, U-Tubers Unite!) are canceled for the summer.
- Junior Fire Academy is canceled for the summer.
- Adaptive Camps are canceled for the month of June.
- Camp Goodwater will begin June 15; the first two weeks, June 1-5 and June 8-12, have been canceled.
Registration for 2020 Summer Camps opens on Monday, March 23 for Georgetown residents and Tuesday, March 24 for nonresidents.
There will be amendments to the process this year. Due to COVID-19, our facilities are closed to the public, and no in-person registrations will be allowed.
Camp Registration Options
- Pay in Full: All registrations placed online must pay in full at the time of registration. Registration and payment must be completed for each child separately.
- Payment Plan: You may set up a payment plan with Parks and Recreation Staff. This method will be initiated by submitting the required 2020 Summer Camp Liability and Payment Agreement form. If you’d like to initiate a payment plan, you must select the payment plan option on this form. Individuals will be contacted by a Parks and Recreation staff member via phone to process the registration and set up the payment plan. Calls will be placed in the order the form is received. Camp registrations that include payment plans will only be processed from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Please be prepared to take the call. If we are unable to reach you, staff will leave a message and ask that you return the call at (512) 930-3596 to be assisted.
When enrolling in a payment plan, auto draft will be required. Payment will be auto drafted according to the payment schedule below. Failure to meet the payment deadline will result in participant being withdrawn from summer camp.
|Camp Dates||Scheduled Payment Date|
|June 15-19||June 8|
|June 22-26||June 15|
|June 29-July 3||June 22|
|July 6-10||June 29|
|July 13-17||July 6|
|July 20-24||July 13|
|July 27-31||July 20|
|August 3-7||July 27|
|August 10-14||August 3|
Camp Payment and Refund Policy
A 20% nonrefundable deposit is due at time of registration. The remaining balance for camp must be paid in full by the Monday one week prior to the start of camp (7 days in advance of attendance). If the balance is not paid in full by the Monday one week prior to camp, your child’s spot will be forfeited to the next child on the waitlist. You will lose your reservation and your 20% deposit.
Refunds, minus the 20% nonrefundable deposit, will only be given if notice is received 7 or more days prior to the start of camp. No refund will be given with less than 7 days’ notice. Complete refunds (including deposits) will only be given for departmental cancellations. Because of staffing requirements, fees will not be prorated for partial attendance. Tuition is based on a full week.
A Request to Withdraw/Transfer form must be completed by a parent/legal guardian if needing to withdraw from or transfer camps dates.
2020 Summer Camp Guide
2020 Summer Camps