Pickleball is played on a badminton-sized court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. Players use a perforated plastic ball (like a whiffle ball) and wood or composite paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn, and can develop into a fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
Pickleball is a fun game that also provides great exercise. It is soft on the joints, but fast enough to keep players engaged. The game has a social aspect as well, with good-natured banter back and forth.
For information on everything Pickleball, please visit the USAPA website at usapa.org.
Where to play pickleball in Georgetown
McMaster Athletic Complex
101 W L Walden Dr, Georgetown, TX 78626
- 6 lined outdoor courts with permanent nets
- 2 lined courts with no net on the tennis courts (bring your own equipment)
- Open seven days a week, daylight until dark
- Courts available on a first come, first served basis
- Once courts are full, paddle stacking is encouraged
- Players must provide their own paddles and balls
For information on pickleball at the McMaster Athletic Complex, contact Pete Polkinghorn at 512-931-2444 or email@example.com.
Georgetown Recreation Center
1003 N Austin Ave, Georgetown, TX 78626
- 6 lined indoor courts
- Drop-in play is only available during the designated times, courts cannot be reserved.
- Courts available on a first come, first served basis.
- Once the courts are full, paddle stacking is used to rotate courts.
- It is not necessary to have a partner to play.
- Paddles are available to borrow, and balls are available for sale at the front desk ($4 each).
- Pickleball is included in Georgetown Recreation Center memberships. Without a facility membership, purchase of a daily visit ($6 per person) is required.
- Scheduled days and times of play are subject to change.
Georgetown Recreation Center Pickleball Hours
Tuesday & Thursday: 8 a.m. – noon (4 courts available 9 a.m.-noon)
Wednesday: 6-8:45 p.m. (3 courts)
Sunday: noon-3 p.m. (3 courts)
For information on pickleball at the Georgetown Recreation Center, contact Robert Staton at 512-930-1367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgetown Tennis Center
400 Serenada Dr., Georgetown, Tx 78628
- 16 lined outdoor courts
- Drop-in play available during designated times.
- Courts are also available by reservation. Reservations may be made one week in advance.
- Reservation time will be limited to two hours and a maximum of four people per court.
- No more than four people may be part of the reservation. Individuals may not play under more than one reservation per day.
- Free for members and a $6 drop-in fee for nonmembers.
Georgetown Tennis Center Open Play Pickleball Hours
Monday-Thursday: 6-8 p.m., 4 courts
Friday-Saturday: 6-8 p.m., 6 courts
Sunday: 2:30-5:30 p.m., 6 courts
For information on pickleball at the Georgetown Tennis Center, contact the Tennis Center at 512-931-2444.
Pickleball Programs at the Georgetown Tennis Center
Pre-registration required. Spots are limited.
Beginning October 3, 2022, parents/caregivers or other spectators are not permitted on the courts, to encourage children to focus on the lessons. You are welcome to observe your child from outside the courts or on our patio at the top of the hill.
Private Pickleball Instruction at the Georgetown Tennis Center
Head Tennis Pro, Pete Polkinghorn, and Assistant Pros, Tim Craig and Doug Oliver, are available for private pickleball instruction, including semi-private and private groups.
Pickleball private instruction is by appointment only at 512-931-2444. 24-hour notification for cancellation is required. No-shows will be charged the full lesson rate.
|Head Pro||1/2 Hour||$30||$35|
|Semi-Private (fees per person)|
|Private Group (fees per person)|