Our Challenge Course program is an experiential approach to team-building that involves a series of individual or group activities: physical, mental, and emotional that require a combination of teamwork skills and individual commitment. The experiential approach is based on the idea that change and growth take place when people are active physically, socially, intellectually, and emotionally and are involved in their learning rather than just being receivers of information. Our facilitators engage their groups in activities that give the participants opportunities to take ownership of their learning. We create situations that allow participants to actively explore and practice concepts they are learning and facilitate the practice of reflection on how these lessons relate to the participant’s current and future real-life situations.
Standard Program Offerings and Fees
– There is a $50.00 non-refundable reservation fee, plus participant rates.
– The resident rate is determined by the location of the organization (inside or outside city limits).
|Resident of Georgetown||Low Challenge (4-hrs)||Low/High Challenge (6-hrs)|
|Business Group (for profit)||$35/person||$45/person|
|Nonresident of Georgetown||Low Challenge (4-hrs)||Low/High Challenge (6-hrs)|
|Business Group (for profit)||$45/person||$55/person|
Requesting a Program
The Georgetown Challenge program must be requested at least 3 weeks before the requested course date. Programs range from four to six hours, with a lunch break, and vary with each group depending upon individual and group goals. Courses are available throughout the year, during daylight hours.
We encourage a scheduled preliminary visit to the Georgetown Challenge Course to see our facility, discuss your group’s goals, and to schedule a program suited to your needs.
To begin the scheduling process, the Georgetown Challenge Request Form must be completed and turned into the Georgetown Challenge Office to see if your requested date is available. After confirming your group on our calendar, we will then begin to coordinate and staff your program.
- At least three weeks prior to your program you must declare the number of participants who will be in attendance. This declaration of attendance is necessary to schedule staff and program the day’s events.
- A $50.00 non-refundable reservation fee is required to secure the approved requested date.
- Fees are due two weeks before the program, unless the program coordinator has made other arrangements with your group.
- Payments are to be received at the Parks and Recreation Administration Building. Please make checks out to “City of Georgetown.”
Get the forms you need to get started:
- Georgetown Challenge Request Form
- Participant Preparation Form
To discuss specific fees and programs contact us by phone at (512) 931-2757 or email Art Ortiz at email@example.com.
Challenge Course Office Address:
1101 N. College Street
Georgetown, TX 78627
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Challenge Course Physical Address:
1631 Bootys Crossing Road
Georgetown, TX 78628