Facilities & Rentals
COVID-19 Impact on Facilities and Rentals
UPDATED March 24, 2020
Modifications to City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation operations due to COVID-19:
The City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department will modify some operations in order to promote the health and safety of community members and staff.
- The Georgetown Recreation Center and Georgetown Tennis Center will be closed effective Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6 p.m. These closures will assist with social distancing and allows staff to focus on operations. At this time, these facilities will be closed until May 11, 2020.
- Information about membership extensions/cancellations
- All recreation program and event cancellations will be extended until May 11, 2020. We will reach out to registered participants to extend refunds/account credits.
- All activities on our athletic fields will continue to be suspended until May 11, 2020.
- City splash pads will not open on April 1 as previously scheduled. The opening date is to be determined at this time.
- City pools will now open on May 30, 2020.
- Garey Park will remain open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until further notice, but the Gatehouse is closed to the public.
If you have immediate questions while the facilities are closed, please contact:
Parks and Recreation Administration
Georgetown Recreation Center
Georgetown Tennis Center
Facilities will be staffed for answering phones from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Private reservations and events taking place March 16-May 11, 2020 will be cancelled. This includes events scheduled at the Georgetown Recreation Center, Parks and Recreation Administration Office, Georgetown Community Center, Garey House and park pavilions. Events may be cancelled for a full refund, or rescheduled at the request of the renter. We are not accepting any new reservations for private events taking place during this time period.
To learn more about the City of Georgetown’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://georgetown.org/coronavirus-information/.
Georgetown Parks and Recreation operates the Georgetown Recreation Center and the Georgetown Tennis Center, along with five pools, four splash pads, a variety of outdoor athletic facilities, the Georgetown Community Center, Garey House, and more!
Several facilities throughout the City may be rented for a minimal fee.