The Georgetown Parks and Recreation 2021 Master Plan will provide a vision for the Department and act as a guide for the next 10 years. This community-driven plan will establish a clear direction to guide the Department in the growth, development and enhancement of the community’s parks, public spaces, recreation programs, services and facilities.
The plan will:
- Use community engagement to create a clear 10-year vision for the Department
- Provide an action plan with concise and innovative recommendations to achieve the vision
- Update the inventory and analysis of indoor and outdoor facilities to position Georgetown to build on its unique charm and character
- Become an element of the City’s 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- Meet the Texas Parks and Wildlife Master Plan requirements
- Maximize Department resources to further expand recreation opportunities throughout the City
The City of Georgetown has hired GreenPlay, LLC, a nationally-known parks and recreation management consulting firm to oversee the plan. To learn more and sign up for project updates, visit gtxparkplan.com.
Help us plan for our future
Monday, May 24 at 6 p.m.
Join us for the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Master Plan Virtual Community Kick-off Meeting
- Gain information on the purpose and approach of the plan
- Learn what we’ve learned from community stakeholders
- Contribute by sharing your thoughts on current and future recreational needs
As part of the quantitative needs assessment portion of the plan, our team will conduct a randomly distributed survey using proven survey methods to achieve a statistically valid response. Take the community questionnaire and help guide the development of the survey questions.
Please share with your family, neighbors and community members to encourage them to give their input. We want to hear from everyone!