2022 Master Plan
The future of Georgetown Parks & Recreation begins today, with the 2022 Master Plan, adopted in January 2022 by the Georgetown City Council. The Master Plan provides a vision for the Department and serves as a guide for the next 10 years. This community-driven plan establishes a clear direction to guide the Department in the growth, development and enhancement of the community’s parks, public spaces, recreation programs, services and facilities.
This plan will:
- use community engagement to create a clear 10-year vision for the Department
- provide an action plan with concise and innovative recommendations to achieve the vision
- update the inventory and analysis of indoor and outdoor facilities to position Georgetown to build on its unique charm and character
- maximize Department resources to further expand recreation opportunities throughout the City
- become an element of the City’s 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- meet the Texas Parks and Wildlife Master Plan requirements
The City of Georgetown hired GreenPlay, LLC, a nationally-known parks and recreation management consulting firm to oversee the plan.
If you have additional comments or questions, please email email@example.com.