The Georgetown Parks and Recreation 2021 Master Plan will provide a vision for the Department and act as a guide for the next 10 years. This community-driven plan will establish a clear direction to guide the Department in the growth, development and enhancement of the community’s parks, public spaces, recreation programs, services and facilities.
The plan will:
- Use community engagement to create a clear 10-year vision for the Department
- Provide an action plan with concise and innovative recommendations to achieve the vision
- Update the inventory and analysis of indoor and outdoor facilities to position Georgetown to build on its unique charm and character
- Become an element of the City’s 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- Meet the Texas Parks and Wildlife Master Plan requirements
- Maximize Department resources to further expand recreation opportunities throughout the City
The City of Georgetown has hired GreenPlay, LLC, a nationally-known parks and recreation management consulting firm to oversee the plan. To learn more and sign up for project updates, visit gtxparkplan.com.
Help us plan for our future
The City of Georgetown is looking for community input to guide decisions on the City’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan through a digital survey. The survey is open July 12 through Sunday, July 25.
The survey also was mailed to a random sample of 4,000 Georgetown households to collect statistically valid results. People who received the survey in the mail should follow the instructions instead of responding to the open-link survey. The open-link survey will give all residents an opportunity to provide feedback, and all responses will be included in the final analysis, which the City expects to share with the public by the end of August.