Georgetown Recreation Center
UPDATED August 18, 2020
Face Covering Requirements:
The City of Georgetown issued an order that requires employees and visitors ages 10 and older to wear a face covering when visiting commercial businesses and public City facilities.
Face coverings are required at all times for those ages 10 and older inside the facility, including while exercising, participating in recreation programs, fitness classes, using the gymnasium, etc. The only exception to this is while swimming in the indoor or outdoor pools.
Questions? Check out the Parks and Recreation FAQ page regarding masks.
The Georgetown Recreation Center has opened most areas, though activities are modified as required by COVID-19 regulations. The Teen/Senior Center and outdoor facilities remain closed. We will continue to monitor all spaces and activities to ensure physical distancing throughout the facility. We will schedule cleaning periods throughout the day.
We will begin selling $5 Day Passes on Aug. 17.
Reservations will no longer be required to access the fitness room, the indoor or outdoor pools, or included fitness classes. Reservations will be required for pickleball, racquetball and fee-based fitness classes.
MODIFIED OPERATING HOURS STARTING AUG. 17
During cleaning times, all members and guests must exit the facility completely. Staff will sanitize all equipment and high-touch surfaces with hospital grade disinfectant. Fogging of fitness equipment with hospital grade disinfectant will be conducted at the conclusion of each day.
Open 5:30-10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 3:00-9:00 p.m.
Closed for cleaning 10:30-11:00 a.m., 2:30-3:00 p.m.
Open 7:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 1:00-7:00 p.m.
Closed for cleaning 12:30-1:00 p.m.
When visiting the Recreation Center
- Please bring your membership card to check in. If you do not have your card, staff will check you in manually (in order to eliminate use of public touchscreens/keyboards.)
- Per Governor Abbott’s executive order, we recommend members wear their own gloves if they are using facility equipment.
- Wearing a face mask is required at all times while inside the facility.
- Members are to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others whenever possible. Fitness equipment will be spaced out in order to meet that requirement.
- Any outside equipment must be sanitized upon arrival.
- Locker rooms and showers are open.
- Water fountains will be closed, but water bottle fillers remain available.
- The indoor pool will be open for lap swim and water walking. No recreational swim will take place at this time.
In addition to the steps listed above, City employees will be required to take their temperature before and when they arrive to work. Employees also will be required to wear face masks when interacting with anyone, staff or public, if 6 feet can’t be maintained. Employees exchanging items with the public, like cash, will wear gloves.
The following areas will be open with a limited 50% capacity:
- Fitness Room – Cardio/Strength (48)
This space will include limited quantities of the following exercise equipment: Treadmills, elliptical machines, Expresso Bikes, Arc Trainer, free weights and benches and strength equipment.
- Gymnasiums – Capacity varies based on activity
Gym Schedule Aug.-Sept. 2020
- Multipurpose 1 – Personal Training Room
This space will have a limited quantity of our Keiser cycling bikes, Concept2 rowers, weight benches and free weights ranging from 5-20 lbs and will be utilized for personal training sessions.
- Multipurpose 2 – Cardio Light (10)
This space will include the following exercise equipment: recumbent (seated) bikes, water arm bike, seated bench and a limited quantity of hand weights ranging from 3-8 lbs.
- Indoor Pool – Lap Lane/Water Walking (22)
Deep water lane dedicated to lap swimming and/or shallow water lane dedicated to water walking or exercise.
- Track – Walking (10)
- Upstairs Loft – Free Spin/Row (10)
- Racquetball Courts (2)
- The following will not be available for use at this time: exercise mats, medicine balls, foam rollers, resistance bands, stability balls, steps, or other exercise accessories.
The following areas will remain closed during this time:
- Event Room
- Kids Club
- Lobbies/Seating Area
- Teen/Senior Center
As we reopen our doors on June 1, we will continue to extend your membership until June 15. We understand that you may wish to cancel your membership. We have two options for cancellations: you may request an account credit to be used for future membership or programs, or we can issue you a refund.
Facility rentals are not available at this time.
Members will be admitted into each class on a first-come, first-served basis. A maximum of 45 people will be allowed in Gym #1 and a maximum of 10 members will be allowed for Indoor Cycling classes.
Included Fitness Class Schedule
Please register for fee-based fitness classes by calling the Recreation Center at 512-930-3596. Fee-based classes must be paid for at the time of registration. Refunds will not be given for missed classes. Class punch cards will not be available at this time. All existing pass holders can redeem their remaining classes at the front desk.
Fee-Based Fitness Class Schedule
Racquetball and Pickleball will be open to members and will require a reservation to participate. Please call the Recreation center at 512-930-3596 to make your reservation.
Wearing a face mask is required at all times while inside the facility.
During cleaning times, all members and guests must exit the facility completely. Please see hours above.
The Teen/Senior entrance will remain closed, so please enter the building at the main entrance to check in for your reservation time.
Racquetball is limited to 2 players per court.
Racquetball equipment will not be available for checkout.
Players must exit facility during cleaning times.
A maximum of 15 people are allowed per session.
Tuesdays 9:00-10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays 6:00-8:45 p.m.
Thursdays 9:00-10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The Recreation Center Outdoor Pool is closed for the 2020 season.
The Williams Drive Pool will be open on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day, Sept. 7.
- 65,000 square foot facility
- Fitness Room with cardio machines, weight machines and a Cardio Theater TV system
- Two full-size gymnasiums for basketball and volleyball
- Two racquetball courts
- Two multi-purpose rooms available for instructional and wellness programs
- Locker rooms with showers
- Indoor pool with instructional areas, play features and 8 lap lanes
- Outdoor seasonal splash pool with fun play features for young children
- Special events room that can be rented for parties *
- Indoor walking track
- Aerobics room and Spinning instruction area
- Kids’ Club (ages 1-7) and Kids’ Club Plus (ages 7-11) *
- Teen/Senior Center with billiards, ping pong, a Wii, an XBox and a PlayStation, board and card games, lockers *
- Outdoor courtyard with a pavilion, basketball court and sand volleyball pit *
- Study Room *
* See information about capacity limits and facility closures above.
The Georgetown Recreation Center is a membership facility. A Daily Visit fee or long-term membership is required.
The Georgetown Recreation Center is available to rent for your next event. You can rent one of our multipurpose rooms for events and meetings, the outdoor courtyard pavilion or the gymnasium for a sporting event! *