The Georgetown Tennis Center offers a wide range of tennis instruction for every age and ability, featuring lessons, clinics, and tournaments geared toward youth and adults alike.
Georgetown Tennis Center is now offering private and group lessons. Recommendation by USTA on Playing Tennis Safely have been considered for all instructor-led programs.
|Little Tennis||Mondays and Wednesdays||5-5:30 p.m.|
|Beginner Tennis||Mondays and Wednesdays||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
|Intermediate Tennis||Tuesdays and Thursdays||5-6 p.m.|
|Advanced Tennis||Tuesdays and Thursdays||6-7 p.m.|
|Cardio Tennis||Saturdays||9-10 a.m.|
|Adult Intermediate Clinic||Saturdays||10-11:30 a.m.|
|Adult Beginner Clinic||Saturdays||11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
- All players must pre-register for lessons. Drop-ins will not be accepted at this time. You may register online, or by calling the Tennis Center at 512-931-2444. If you need to set up online account, please contact the Tennis Center for assistance.
- Class sizes will be limited to no more than 6 people per court.
- Physical distancing of six feet should be maintained by all players during the lesson, unless all players are in the same household.
- Players must bring their own equipment, including racquets and water. Water is not provided on the court.
- Players must space out their belongings along the fence and maintain physical distancing during water breaks.
- Parents will not be allowed on the courts during youth lessons.
- Players will not be allowed to touch any of the coaching equipment, including tennis balls, the teaching cart, or ball hoppers. Players may use their racquets to roll balls out of the way. Instructors will pick up balls when needed through the lesson.
- Players will not be allowed to serve or feed balls during group lessons.
- For private lessons only, players may bring their own tennis balls for serving. Only the player owned tennis balls may be used for serving and at no time should these tennis balls be mixed in with the teaching balls.
- Instructors will following sanitation protocols including using hand sanitizer between lessons and disinfecting teaching equipment at the end of each day.
These protocols are in effect beginning June 1, 2020 and will remain in effect until further notice, or until Georgetown Tennis Center supervisory staff adopts new protocols in response to more current COVID-19 recommendations. We ask that all participants in our programs follow these protocols for the health and safety of all individuals utilizing our facility during this time.