Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023
10-11 a.m. & 11 a.m.-noon
Georgetown Recreation Center
Join us for a pool paw-ty! Georgetown Parks and Recreation invites dogs and their owners to K-9 Kerplunk – an end of summer swim party just for pups.
$5/dog – humans are free!
NEW in 2023 – Now offering two one-hour time slots to accommodate more pups! Sign up for 10-11 a.m. or 11 a.m.-noon. Limited to 100 dogs per time slot.
This event is sold out.
Each dog owner is required to complete a liability waiver when registering for this event.
Rules for K-9 Kerplunk:
- Dog owners must provide proof of current rabies vaccine to gain entry into the event. Only shot records will be accepted. Dogs without current proof of rabies vaccination will not be allowed into the event.
- Dogs must be leashed when not in the pool.
- One human 18 years and older must accompany each dog. Example: Two dogs equals two humans ages 18 and older.
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised by an adult other than the one accompanying the dog. Example: one dog and one child under 12 equals two adults ages 18 and older.
- Aggressive dogs will not be permitted to participate. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior will be asked to leave immediately.
- Dogs with open wounds or those that have demonstrated runny stools or other signs of illness during two weeks prior to the event are not allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Human swimming is not allowed. Human friends may enter the pool up to ankle deep, at their own discretion. Children under 12 are not allowed in the water.
- Please ensure that your dog has been exposed to swimming. Life jackets are recommended for dogs that are not strong swimmers. Georgetown Parks & Recreation does NOT provide life jackets for dogs.
Entry to this event will be through the gate located on the southeast side of the Georgetown Recreation Center near the outdoor pool. No entry will be allowed through the front doors.
Local organizations and businesses are welcome to participate in our K-9 Kerplunk. This event brings in 200 dogs + 400 humans!
To find out how your business can take advantage of Georgetown Parks and Recreation sponsorship options, contact:
Courtney Butler, Community Engagement Coordinator