Saturday, September 18, 2021
Join us for a pool paw-ty! Georgetown Parks and Recreation invites dogs and their owners to K-9 Kerplunk – an end of summer swim party just for pups.
$5/dog – humans are free!
Attendance for this event will be capped at 100 dogs. Advanced registration is required. Limit of two dogs per owner.
K-9 Kerplunk is sold out. Registration will not be accepted at the event.
Each owner is required to complete a liability waiver to enter the event.
Rules for K-9 Kerplunk:
- Must provide proof of current rabies vaccine on the day of the event. Only shot records will be accepted. Dogs without current proof of rabies vaccination will not be allowed into the event.
- Dogs must be leashed when not in the pool.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a person 18 years or older.
- No more than one dog per person.
- Aggressive dogs will not be permitted to participate. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior will be asked to leave immediately.
- Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Human friends may enter the pool up to knee-deep, at their own discretion.
- Please ensure that your dog has been exposed to swimming. Life jackets are recommended for dogs that are not strong swimmers.
Entry to this event will be through the gate located on the southeast side of the Georgetown Recreation Center near the outdoor pool. No entry will be allowed through the front doors.
Local organizations and businesses are invited to contribute to the K-9 Kerplunk, or sign up to host an informational booth!