Blue Hole Park
100 Blue Hole Park
Georgetown, TX 78626
5 a.m.-10 p.m.
Blue Hole Park is a scenic lagoon bordered by limestone bluffs along the South Fork of the San Gabriel River. It is located five blocks north of the downtown Square along N. Austin Avenue. The park features picnic areas, restrooms, and wading areas.
Blue Hole Park is open from dawn until dusk. The entrance to Blue Hole Park is at W. Second Street and Rock Street. Free public parking is available at the corner of 3rd Street and Rock Street in the parking lot or the parking garage.
Entering the river is At Your Own Risk. The City of Georgetown does not monitor water flow or bacteria levels. Be considerate of this natural area and remove anything you take in; including trash. Jumping from the cliffs is NOT PERMITTED. City of Georgetown Ordinance: Sec. 12.20.050 – Prohibited practices. Cliff Jumping, or Diving. It shall be unlawful for any person to dive or jump from any cliff or rock face in a City park. It shall be unlawful to knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, cause any person to dive, jump or fall from any cliff or rock face in a City park.
The following items are prohibited:
- Use or possession of any glass
- Diving or jumping from cliff or rock face on City parkland
- Blocking trail from public access
- Parking in undesignated areas
- Fires in undesignated grills or fire pits
- Conducting any commercial or business activity
- Indecent or abusive language or activity, which creates a public nuisance
- Vandalizing or defacing any structure, facility, or natural feature
- Pets off leash on land or in water
- Entering park after dusk
These rules have been established by City Ordinance. A violation may be subject to citation, fine, or other penalty.
If you need additional information, please contact the City of Georgetown’s Parks and Recreation Department at (512) 930-3595.