Outdoor Athletic Reservation Information and Guidelines
Distribution of Responsibility
The City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department manages the scheduling and maintenance for all athletic facilities to ensure equitable distribution, achieve maximum sustainable use, and maintain a safe, high-quality environment.
Management of any event or tournament is the responsibility of the Renter and may not be sanctioned by or affiliated with the City of Georgetown or the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department in any way. For any facility or field reservation, events and tournaments, Renters assume all responsibility for any attendees.
Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department does not assume responsibility for any equipment provided by the Renter, participants or others (soccer nets, lacrosse sticks, softballs, etc.) Please collect your belongings each day after play has ended.
It is the responsibility of the Georgetown Parks & Recreation Department to share this information with each Renter.
All users are responsible for following any posted site-specific rules and regulations as well as the policies and procedures set forth in this document. Failure to comply with Department policies and/or damage to facilities may result in the cancellation of any current reservations as well as loss of any future consideration for use.
The Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department promises to administer these policies and procedures in an equitable and fair manner. Please treat staff courteously.
Scheduling and Reservation Process (how to make a reservation)
Georgetown Parks and Recreation programs have priority use over all facilities. Rentals to the public are available around department program times.
Request deadlines are firm and depending upon the category of Renter:
|RENTER||RESERVATION DEADLINE||CONTRACT LIMITS|
|Tournaments and National Events (One or Multi-Day Events)||Requests are accepted up to 12 months in advance of first booking.||Each tournament must have a separate contract and deposit.|
|Resident Schools (GISD, private or charter schools inside Georgetown City Limits)||Requests are accepted up to 8 months in advance of first booking.||A Rental Contract (one or more bookings) will be no longer than 6 months.|
|Nonresident Schools (outside Georgetown City Limits)||Requests are accepted up to 6 months in advance of first booking.||A Rental Contract (one or more bookings) will be no longer than 4 months.|
|General (Individuals, families, organizations, athletic teams/clubs, etc.)||Requests are accepted up to 3 months in advance of first booking.||A Rental Contract (one or more bookings) will be no longer than 3 months.|
Step 1: Acknowledgement of guidelines and processes is required to request field/ facility use with the City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department.
Step 2: See field availability online by using the availability calendar. Also refer to field maintenance day and seasonal closures.
Step 3: A completed Athletic Field Rental Request must be submitted to the Parks and Recreation Department via the online request form.
- All requests / proposals are subject to Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department approval.
- Approval and completion of a prior reservation does not guarantee future approval of the same or additional requests.
Step 4: Once the Athletic Field Rental Request has been accepted and approved a rental contract will be created in our scheduling software. A single rental might have one booking on a particular date or several bookings over a specified period of dates. A Rental Contract showing scheduled facilities and their intended use, approved dates, fees, and payment due dates will be emailed to the person who submitted the request for final review.
- The Renter is responsible for reviewing the contract thoroughly and confirming the details with a digital signature.
Step 5: To secure dates and firm contract, the renter must make full payment two weeks prior to the first date on the contract. Payments can be made over the phone, in-person or by mail. No American Express cards.
- Approved requests within 2 weeks of the date of the booking must be paid-in-full immediately.
- Payments can be made by calling the Georgetown Recreation Center 512-930-3596 and providing your facility contract number located at the top of the contract. In-person or mailed to the Georgetown Recreation Center located at 1003 N Austin Avenue, Georgetown, TX 78626. Checks must be made payable to The City of Georgetown.
Reservation requests are not final until all steps are completed.
Scheduling and Reservation Contract Agreement Guidelines
- All-day reservations can be made between 5 a.m. – 10 p.m. in conjunction with city park hours. All other times may be subject to additional fees. Lights may only be scheduled until 11:59 p.m.
- All fields are designated for sport-specific use only except for the Multipurpose fields. Multipurpose fields can be used for various sports. Specific field marking or painted lines requests are subject to additional fees.
- Each field is designated a day for maintenance and is closed to reservations. Requested use on maintenance days is up to the discretion of the Parks & Recreation Department and may be considered on a case-by-case
Maintenance Days and Fields:
McMaster Multipurpose Field – Mondays
McMaster Soccer A & B Fields – Mondays
McMaster Softball Fields – Fridays
San Gabriel Baseball Field – Fridays
San Gabriel Multipurpose Field – Thursdays
VFW Softball Fields – Fridays
All Soccer & Multipurpose/Football fields at McMaster Athletic Complex and San Gabriel Park are closed seasonally for maintenance and sustainability:
Summer closure: July 1 – August 15
Winter closure: November 1 – December 31
- The Renter requesting the reservation must be in good financial standing with the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department.
- Field preparation and lighting services will not be activated with an outstanding balance.
- It is the responsibility of the Renter to provide the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department with accurate and truthful information.
- Once rental requests are approved and fields are reserved, scheduled times cannot be subleased to other individuals or organizations.
- At least one business days’ notice is required to make changes on contract. Refunds will only be considered with advance notice. Activated lights will not be refunded.
- The online request form is also used for tournaments. Please submit one per tournament.
- Facilities for tournaments may be requested up to one year in advance.
- All approved tournament requests require immediate payment of a non-refundable deposit.
- Deposit will not be refunded if tournament is canceled by the Renter.
- Tournament deposit is 25% of the field fees (excluding extras) and will be applied to the total two weeks prior to tournament when full payment is due.
- Renter/tournament director coordinates tournament adjustments and details with Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department staff two weeks prior to tournament when the following are required:
- Remaining 75% of the rental fees are
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation Staff will email a Field Prep and Schedule Questionnaire for renter to complete and submit. The Field Prep Questionnaire must be submitted for approval one-week prior to the For Saturday-Sunday tournaments- submission is required by the preceding Monday.
- Based on availability, fields may be scheduled for events other than sports.
- Activities must not damage the facilities or prevent their intended use for athletics in the future.
- Renters requesting non-athletic events must submit a detailed plan for facility use, including a site layout, with their Athletic Field Rental Request Georgetown Parks and Recreation staff will review the plan and work towards meeting the Renter’s needs.
During Reservation Guidelines and Responsibility Agreement
- All maintenance or repair of athletic facilities shall be performed by Department staff only.
- Renters shall not make any modifications to Georgetown athletic fields or Any requests for changes or accommodations should be made directly to the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department.
- Renters shall not dig ditches or apply foreign materials to the athletic fields in an attempt to “dry out” a field.
- The Renter shall be responsible for expenses incurred by Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department in correcting, cleaning, repairing or replacing any facility or property which was damaged by the Renter’s actions, or the actions of anyone participating in or attending the event.
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department-owned equipment (bases, pitching rubbers, soccer goals, goal posts, bleachers, nets, etc.) are not to be removed from or relocated to any athletic fields without expressed permission from the Department.
- The Renter must always be present at each reservation carrying a copy of the contract and/or receipt for reservation to avoid any conflicts.
- All athletic field users must have a current and valid Rental Contract with the Georgetown Parks and Recreation
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department athletics teams are not permitted to use athletic facilities unless pre-scheduled and approved by the Athletics staff.
Prohibited Items and Activity
- Glass containers are not permitted at any athletic facility at McMaster Complex, San Gabriel Park or VFW Park.
- The use of all forms of tobacco (smoking, chewing tobacco, snuff, etc.) is not permitted at any athletic facility. Vaping / electronic cigarettes are not permitted.
- Animals (dogs, pets, horses, etc.) are not allowed at any athletic facility or complex.
- Fireworks, inflatables, waterslides and confetti are not permitted at any athletic facility.
- Alcoholic beverages, including unopened containers, are not permitted on playing fields, dugout areas, and during gameplay.
- No participant, Renter or attendee shall intentionally throw, hit or kick balls into or over the fences, backstops or buildings.
- Do not practice in goal mouth areas.
- Renters are responsible for making sure their litter and garbage is properly disposed of in the provided trash cans.
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation staff are responsible for emptying trash cans at all parks and facilities. If heavy traffic during a rental has caused trash cans to fill more frequently than expected, please contact Georgetown Parks and Recreation so we can empty them.
- Forfeiture of field time or additional fees may result from fields being left in unsatisfactory condition.
Athletic Field Lights
- Lights are scheduled based on the reservation request.
- Lights must be scheduled no less than 30 minutes prior to sunset.
Example: A reservation from 5-7 p.m. where the sun is predicted to set at 6:15 p.m. The renter is responsible for the light activation fees starting at 5:45 p.m.
- Lights may only be scheduled during the field reservation. Lights may not start before or extend outside the field rental time. Additional field and light time may be added in 15-minute increments.
- Light services must be paid for at least a day before they will be be scheduled.
- Vehicles improperly or illegally parked may be ticketed or towed by the Georgetown Police Department.
- All clients and visitors park at their own Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles.
- Do not park in the grass along College Street, San Gabriel Masonic Lodge parking lots, and VFW Hall parking lot. Alternative parking can be found at the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Administration office building.
- Vehicles are not allowed on Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department athletic fields or adjacent pathways.
- RV parking (overnight or daytime) is prohibited at McMaster Athletic Complex, Parks Administration Building, along College Street, San Gabriel Masonic Lodge parking lots, and VFW Hall parking lot.
- Sale of concessions is not permitted at any Athletic Facility without a concessions contract with the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department must approve all vendors.
- Electronic scoreboards are available for use at McMaster Athletic Complex and VFW Request for use of scoreboard must be made through the Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department at least two weeks in advance.
- Any Renter using the controllers will be directly responsible if they are lost, stolen or damaged in any way.
For more information
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
email@example.com | 512-930-3594
Monday-Friday, 5-9 p.m. | Saturday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. | Sunday, noon-6 p.m.
Georgetown Recreation Center
After Hours Concerns Monday-Friday, 4-9 p.m. | Saturday and Sunday
For any issues at an athletic facility after hours, please contact the on-call Parks Attendant. The Parks Attendant will be able to assist with any onsite situations (locked gates, bathroom upkeep, equipment malfunction, trash pickup, etc.)
On-Call Parks Attendant