COVID-19: PARD Facility and Program Updates
UPDATED November 2, 2020
This is a live update for the status of Parks and Recreation facilities and programs surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. As we continue to closely monitor the virus, we remain proactive in our reopening and continuation of programs. We will continue to follow the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Governor Abbott.
New Face Covering Requirements:
The City of Georgetown issued an order that requires employees and visitors ages 10 and older to wear a face covering when visiting commercial businesses and public City facilities.
Questions? Check out the Parks and Recreation FAQ page regarding masks.
In response to COVID-19, Georgetown Parks and Recreation has modified its program offerings in accordance with state and local guidelines to provide the safest possible environment for participants and staff. These guidelines will apply to all instructor-led programs offered by Georgetown Parks and Recreation.
Below is an updated list for OPEN park facilities, amenities and programs:
- Community Center
- Drinking fountains
- Fitness programs
- Garey House
- Garey Park
- Georgetown Tennis Center
- Outdoor athletic facilities: Outdoor athletic facility rental guidelines
- Outdoor athletic field rentals: Outdoor athletic facility rental guidelines
- Outdoor basketball courts: Limit to four players per court
- Outdoor exercise stations
- Outdoor pools (closed for the season)
- Outdoor volleyball courts: Limit to four players per court
- Pavilions with one table
- Pavilions (2+ tables): By reservation for up to 25 people or 75% of pavilion capacity, whichever is greater.
- Garey Park Pavilions available for rental include Derby, Belmont, and Preakness. At 75% capacity, the maximum number of people allowed for each rental in these pavilions is 24. The Triple Crown and Heritage of Gold pavilions will remain open to the public on a first come, first served basis.
- Pickleball at the Tennis Center: By reservation only
- Private/small-group tennis lessons
- Recreation Center
- Recreation Programs
- Splash pads (closed for the season)
- Tennis courts and pickleball courts at McMaster Athletic Complex: Limit to four players per court
- Swim lessons
- Parks Administration Office
- Special Events:
- Sunset Movie Series
- K-9 Kerplunk
- Arbor Day Tree Giveaway
- Hay Day
- Halloween Festival
- Swim with Santa
For additional details about City services and COVID-19-related information, visit bit.ly/COVID19GTX.
Below are some tips from the CDC and the National Parks and Recreation Association about using parks and amenities as they reopen:
- Maximize physical distance from others and stay at least 6 feet away from others
- Bring your own water and hand sanitizer
- Follow any posted facility-specific guidelines as well as CDC guidelines
- Don’t visit parks or facilities if you are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19
- Don’t gather in crowded areas
Virtual Recreation and Resource Center
Looking for some fun activities you can do at home while our facilities are closed? Georgetown Parks and Recreation is still your go to resource for staying healthy and connected. Visit our Virtual Recreation and Resource Center for virtual fitness videos, craft ideas, water safety resources and more!