COVID-19: PARD Facility and Program Updates
UPDATED May 17, 2021
Effective Monday, May 17, visitors to City facilities will be encouraged, but not required, to wear face coverings.
Our focus remains on protecting our customers and staff while providing the highest level of customer service. We will continue following these safety measures:
- Face coverings worn by staff, contractors and volunteers when physical distancing of six feet is not possible, or whenever interacting with a member of the public who is wearing a mask
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Enhanced sanitization throughout the day
- Safe-spacing, floor markers
- Physical distancing
- Plexiglass at reception areas
Rentals are now available at 100% capacity. The Parks and Recreation Administration Office lobby is now open.
In response to COVID-19, Georgetown Parks and Recreation has modified its program offerings in accordance with state and local guidelines to provide the safest possible environment for participants and staff. These guidelines will apply to all instructor-led programs offered by Georgetown Parks and Recreation.
For additional details about City services and COVID-19-related information, visit bit.ly/COVID19GTX.
Below are some tips from the CDC and the National Parks and Recreation Association about using parks and amenities as they reopen:
- Maximize physical distance from others and stay at least 6 feet away from others
- Bring your own water and hand sanitizer
- Follow any posted facility-specific guidelines as well as CDC guidelines
- Don’t visit parks or facilities if you are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19
- Don’t gather in crowded areas