Garey Park Phase 2 Improvements
In 2022, Garey Park was named as a beneficiary in the will of Mr. Jack Garey, with $20 million placed in a Garey Park Donor Advised Fund managed by the Chisholm Trail Community Foundation. The specific requirements in the will include that funds will be used to capital improvements to Garey Park and must be spent within 5 years of Mr. Garey’s death (March 2027). Specific capital improvements listed in the will include the addition of group camping cabins, an amphitheater, removing second growth cedars in pastures and a memorial pavilion, which will serve as an educational tool about the park’s history.
Proposed additional capital improvements include:
- Additional parking
- A turn lane at the main park entry
- A new trailhead at the park entry
- An interior renovation, along with the installation of a covered patio at Garey House
- Group cabins, a conditioned pavilion, archery range and RV host site
- Trail and amenity improvements – improve surfacing and access to the lower pond, adding a mountain bike trail, skate park and pump track
- 18 hole disc golf course
- Shade covers, a new restroom and increasing the green space at the Play Ranch
- Paved walkways to the Dog Ranch
- Additional signage throughout the park
The project is currently under design development. Details will be shared here as this project moves forward.