Recreation Center Indoor Pool
1003 N. Austin Ave
Monday – Friday
5:30am – 8:30pm
9:00am – 8:30pm
You must purchase a membership or daily access to the entire GRC facility in order to use the Indoor Pool. Please see the Recreation Center page for membership information!
Daily GRC Fees
Children 3 & under are Free
Youth(4-18 yrs) and Seniors (55+ yrs) – $5.00
Adults (19–54 yrs) – $5.00
Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Programming takes up portions of the pool throughout the day. Family or open swim will conclude at a specific time to allow for instruction. Please check regarding times and space availability.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Indoor Pool at the Georgetown Recreation Center is available for year-round use with facility membership or the purchase of a Daily Visit. Completion of a waiver is required for facility use.
The Indoor Pool is 25 yards wide, with 8 six-feet-deep lap lanes, a transition lane that slopes sideways from three to six feet, and a three-feet shallow end with areas designed for swim lessons and relaxing.
Both the men’s and women’s locker rooms have doors to the pool deck. There are also two family changing rooms. There are two rinse-off showers on the pool deck as well. An ADA accessible hydraulic chair lift is available.
Our programs include water aerobics classes, lap swimming, open/family swim in shallow area, swim lessons for all ages, and lifeguard training classes.
Ages 1-6: A chaperone (age 16+) must be in the water with and within arms’ reach of the child at all times.
Ages 7-11: A chaperone (age 16+) must be in the pool area with the child at all times.
Ages 12 and up: Full use of aquatics facilities without a chaperone.
Indoor Pool Rules
- Shower before entering the pool
- No food or drinks other than water bottles on pool deck
- No running, horseplay, hanging, sitting or pulling on the lane lines
- No one is allowed on the shoulders of another person
- No flotation devices in deep water
- No jumping on people from side of pool or diving
- No breath holding games
- Supervising chaperones are required to be 16 years or older
- Children 6 and younger must be accompanied by a supervising chaperone in the water and near the child for the duration of the pool use.
- Children 7-11 must be accompanied by a supervising chaperone in the pool area for the duration of the pool use.
- Children 12 and up may be left at facility unaccompanied by an adult
- Lifeguards are on duty for your safety. Any actions interfering with the ability of the staff to provide a safe family environment may be cause for ejection.
- Appropriate swimming attire only. No denim, cut-off shorts, spandex, etc.
- Swim diapers are required for young children, to be worn under a swimsuit. Regular diapers are prohibited in the pool. Swim diapers are available for purchase if needed.
- An admission fee is required to swim prior to or after swim lessons or water aerobics
- Flotation devices permitted with lifeguard approval
Lap Swim etiquette
- Everyone MUST be prepared to share a lane
- Circle swim at all times if multiple people are in a lane (swim down on the right side of the lane , swim back on the left side of the lane)
- No hanging, sitting, or pulling on lane lines
- If someone touches your feet, let them pass you
Looking for space for boy scout swim testing? Please request lane rental space at least 2 weeks in advance. Space and time is limited and will need to be approved and rented ahead of time through the Aquatics department. A certified lifeguard can be provided to sign off on testing if needed. Please fill out our Pool Facility Rental Request Form to reserve lap lane space.